Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Slobberknockered!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
In an Auburn vs Auburn Spring game defensive back Jonathan Mincy HAMMERED receiver Dimitri Reese.. He was ejected from the game for the hit.. But it looks clean to me. It isn't above the shoulder and he didn't lead with his head.

Just another spring training day in Auburn. lmao

[video=youtube;TNinL0S3XJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TNinL0S3XJs[/video]

Buckmaster

Portage
A forearm shiver to your teammates head. Not ideal.

He didn't even go check on his buddy to see about his well being. Not cool.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Looked clean to me. Not sure why you'd hit a teammate that hard in a spring game, but it looked legit.

Train to win. I know Bama / Auburn / LSU spend TONS of time on hits. It's a hard way to learn a lesson, but one that will stick with you. He should have known that defensive back was coming and his feet had no business leaving the ground. Watch the replay, the runner never took his eyes off the QB to check if the block was good. I bet next time he looks for the block, and if the DB got through he checks up and keeps his feet planted with the ball secure. Do that on your own 25 in a real game and it's a turnover touchdown. As Saban always says. "run it down their throat, pass if you must, and don’t give up an inch without a fight"

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Just another punk ass DB. Define DB how you like. Probably didn't get his weekly Auburn booster check this week and took it out on a teammate that didn't come from the ghetto.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Right. Can't win National Championships without being dicks to our teammates. Or smoking my fake weed, man. Or selling stuff for tats too right?

Not sure if you played football Joe, but as a former player myself, that would have pissed me off. You can train to win and win at an elite level without that kind of nonsense. I could go on, but I know how this works.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
The day's comin' when full contact football will be outlawed...it'll be flag football and lemonade at halftime in fields of daisies..... :smiley_depressive:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The day's comin' when full contact football will be outlawed...it'll be flag football and lemonade at halftime in fields of daisies..... :smiley_depressive:

Agreed...against another team I like it but not in a spring game. If he were my teammate, he would be leaving the locker room with more than a limp.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Looked like a clean hit to me. I got yelled at by a coach for NOT hitting a reciever like that in practice one day. Kid leaped up to catch a ball and as a corner I could have just slammed him but instead decided to just wrap and bring him down to the ground. Coach said " You should have slammed his ass and if you do that shit in a game your sitting the bench. Practice or game, you give me 110% eveytime no matter if it's a teammate or not" Needless to say I never forgot that and hit everybody the same.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
As a teammate, you go check on your buddy. Maybe they aren't friends? I dunno. Regardless, if he is on your team and you laid him out, you go check on him. In defense of the DB though, the trainers had him surrounded pretty quickly it seemed. We didn't see what happened on the sideline after it either.

In regards to the hit, I am with Adam and Joe. Practice like it is a game. Although it did look clean to me , I would have hit lower whether my teammate or an opposing team. Then again, I was always the smallest kid on the field. I HAD to hit lower or I got ran over. lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Speaking of Auburn, I heard they're under investigation over the cam newton still and might have to forfeit the NC. Has anyone else heard that?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Speaking of Auburn, I heard they're under investigation over the cam newton still and might have to forfeit the NC. Has anyone else heard that?

They're looking for any and all reasons to jack them up. Happens. Fake weed. Deer horns. Recruiting. Blah blah blah. Haters gonna hate.