Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Any tilling yet?

Ricer2231

Havent seen any either Ricer, I was out on Bloomfield not too long ago and all of Lakes fields are still unplowed

Lakes is exactly where I was looking yesterday. Had gold league at Wildfire and ran out past there. Check out this buck a buddy of mine shot out there this year.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366336696.722308.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366336708.241248.jpg
Two days after he shot this buck he went back to fill his doe tag. While crossing a fence, he had crossed who knows how many times, to get to his stand. He jumped off the fence and landed the wrong way on the other side and broke his ankle.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Most of ours had it done last fall. Saw a few out last week. Others looked like they were just chopping corn stalks and not turning much dirt. I would say with the early harvest last year most of them have it done already.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
The fields that I usually hunt, aren't turned over yet. I walked a great place last night and found a drill and an partially broken point. The field hadn't been worked yet, but I hunted it anyway.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We are seeing a few turn around here. I don't hunt arrowheads, but I do pay attention to the fields because I love seeing dirt get turned!!!

Gordo

Athens County
I saw some farmers doing a 'controlled burn', that i assume was to get rid of all the vegetation before tilling up a new field? That make sense?