Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ryan and I popped our shed cherries

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Well boys, we had been out multiple times and every time we have come up empty handed but today we hit the jackpot for us! We found a total of four different sheds. On a side note I thought my dog's first time out for a real run he did amazing. Even though I saw the antler first I told him to find the bone and he did before I got to it. We measured the one antler (right side) on the big shed and it measured 72 and 1/4 inches. Ryan and I are putting it to be around a 160 class buck (if other side was identical). Now the only bad thing that happened today and it made us sick, is that Ryan found a buck we have been watching for three years dead of an unknown cause. We think it may have been hit by a car because it only died 200 yards off a main road. Overall it was a pretty good day though!

Attachments

• IMG_1338.jpg
    IMG_1338.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
The one on the far left is the antler I use to train Doc and the one on the right was his first shed TOO! Here are some more pictures from today's hunt.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365993862.265647.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365993884.666075.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365993911.999450.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365993959.832933.jpg

Last edited:

Ricer2231

Congrats to you guys! That's an awesome day. Love hearing about the dogs picking them up. Too bad to hear about the buck ya'll been watching. That's always a crappy thing.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congratulations! Some really nice sheds you found. Sorry to hear about the dead head found. Big or small, I hate seeing them this way.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome day guys! Great haul right there! Sorry about the dead target buck but at least it was you guys that found him and you know where he is.

I have a couple bucks I've been hunting over the past couple years that have been MIA and I just wish I knew if they were still around! I'm tired of looking for their sheds and hunting ghosts! Lol