Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cornhole Season

Ricer2231

With the weather warming before ya know it everybody will be dragging out the cornhole boards.Family get togethers, softball tourneys, and just about any other reason to get together. So I decided to make me a new set and have 'em ready to go. I'm sure all you anti-Hoyt shooters will add a word or two of wisdom. ;)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365966699.722819.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365966788.297907.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365966771.863734.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365966771.863734.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 78

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I'm not good at hitting the hole. I don't even hit the board, but I do hit the people standing near them! lmao

They look great!

Ricer2231

Sweet looking boards man! Did you build them? May want to bring them to the 2nd annual bow shoot, of you come?

Thanks bud! Yep, I built them. I had a friend of mine, who I work with and has a vinyl cutter, make the decals for me. I am planning on being at the bow shoot and I will throw them in the truck TOO.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Those boards are sick looking. No one plays the game cornhole out here.

It's an Ohio thing. Never heard of it till I moved here.. Where I'm from it's a game for children that's played at daycare, or the fair, and called "bean bag toss" .. Real men throw horseshoes. :)

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's an Ohio thing. Never heard of it till I moved here.. Where I'm from it's a game for children that's played at daycare, or the fair, and called "bean bag toss" .. Real men throw horseshoes. :)

I would have agreed 7-8 years ago. With my shoulder the way it is, I am lucky to throw two games of shoes any more. I can toss cornhole all night and I'm WAY better at it!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I am thinking of joining a horshoe league with some buddies joe. Always wanted to learn how to play. Only got to watch the older guys do it when I was younger, and now everyone plays cornhole or the washer game

Ricer2231

I love pitching horseshoes, actually used to pitch in a league. The nice thing about cornhole is its portability. We play a lot at softball tourneys, they usually don't have pits at the ball fields.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member

Amen. First thing I did when I bought my fixer upper of a house was build boxes and pits so we had something to do in evenings. Now all my buddies are queer and drag their boards around and refuse to let me smoke them at pitching shoes