Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team Young Guns

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm checking in my boys, Kody (12) and Klay (11). Kody will be hitting it hard with me or Old Scout (my dad). Klay will get out a few times, he says he's a part timer. Lol

Good luck to all the kids and feel free to check them in on the young guns team.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Never thought about it. I'm not done working on her. I will bring that up to her, not sure if she's that willing. Dads not the number one pick when your a 13 year old girl.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck TOO all of the young guns this spring! Y'all have some very knowledgable turkey slayers running and gunning with ya so have fun and be safe. Enjoy every hunt and treasure every memory. Goodluck:smiley_coolpeace:

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I'll be taking my two kids in the morning. It will definitely be a circus. My daughter will not let my boy do something without doing it too, we still have to figure out who is getting to shoot if we even see one. Good luck to all the young guns in the morning.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I will have one of the grandsons out this morning and probaly the other one on Sunday.
Good luck to everyone.
As most years the grandsons shoot one this weekend and grandpa has to work hard at it all season and maybe not get one. But hey it's worth it.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just passed two jakes. Here's one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366456154.987306.jpg

Here's two.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366456205.648919.jpg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My grandson took a decent one at 7:04AM and dropped it in it's tracks. 3 Tom's flew down at about 125 yrds and feed and displayed at about 6:50AM. It took them 14 minutes to make over to us for the shot. I believe they seen him move the shotgun barrel from window to window and started to run away so down it went.
At the shot the other 2 just stood there then the one went over to the downed bird stood over it and started to peck at it. I watched a Primos video on their new wounded Tom decoy called the Killer B. I swear it was just like in the video. The 3 Toms were withing 4 ft of each other at the shot. Those 2 Toms just wouldn't leave. And just kept feeding and pecking at the downd Tom.
We waited 10 minutes for them to leave. He unloaded the Rem 1100 at them 2 dumb birdss just stood there at 50 ft and it never bothered them.
We seen no hens. I will probaly take the other grandson out Sunday. Great time to be a grandpa.
Frank

Last edited: