Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 2

lung buster

hocking county
Good luck to whoever makes it out in the am. I was going to take my boy out before school but he filled a tag this am. I'm going to take my gun and see what is going on.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Great job, and congrats to your son LB.

I went out to put som birds to bed tonight, and I did but they were hens. Couldn't find the boys, but I know there there so we will see in the morning. I will have my wife out with me, turkey is the only thing she hunts. So she usually gets first shot, lets just hope for a double.

lung buster

hocking county
This morning was not good at all in my area! Birds gobbled really good sat and sun but only heard 2 very far off. I was out for 4 hrs and not a peep from the locals. Perfect morning but they just weren't talking. Will be out again tomorrow.

JOHNROHIO

Not today! The wife and I got set up around 545 this morning. Around 7 I was able to call in 3 toms and a jake, had them dancing for about 30 minutes. They just would not come in past 40 yards before a hen came and took em away. Oh well back to work tomorrow, give it another go wed. Good luck to any that make it out tomorrow.

lung buster

hocking county
Not today! The wife and I got set up around 545 this morning. Around 7 I was able to call in 3 toms and a jake, had them dancing for about 30 minutes. They just would not come in past 40 yards before a hen came and took em away. Oh well back to work tomorrow, give it another go wed. Good luck to any that make it out tomorrow.

Sounds like you had some great action. Good luck tomorrow!

lung buster

hocking county

Killed this morning. 20 lbs 9.5" beard 1.25" spurs. Story to come later on.

I got a Jake this morning. My goal was to take my first bird with a bow this year. I couldn't be happier right now. Now i'm going to hunt a long beard on another property. I will post the story and pictures in a separate thread.

JOHNROHIO

Just checking in, I'm not going to make it out this weekend. Made it out three times last week, with two of the days being good hunts with no finish. Oh well be back at it Tuesday. Good luck if you guys make it out this weekend.