Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Simply amazing.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Twenty six years ago last march Jessica (my GF) lost her mother in a car accident at age 31. Jessica was 4 at the time and doesn't have any memory of her. But since age 15 she has had a ring that belonged to her mother. It was given to her mother as a graduation present by her parents, and then to Jessica at age 15. Her mother was 31 when she passed. It's the only thing of her mothers that she has and cherishes it dearly. So much so she never wears it and has always kept it in a safe. Today we were perusing pawn shops looking at guns and jewelry when I heard her gasp. She asked to see a ring behind the counter.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365905458.914172.jpg

That's right. 26 years after her mothers passing and 37 years after it was given to her mother she found an identical ring in a pawnshop today.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Amazing to think that her mother had a ring that she loved and never took off from 18 until 31. She was wearing it when she got in a wreck and when she passed. And now Jess has one too. Now she can wear an identical one and think of her mother without having to constantly worry about losing it. I was going to get a replica of it made but that's hard to do from pictures and I wasn't about to send it anywhere out of her control.

It's also cool that now if Jess has two daughters later they can both have their grandmothers ring when she passes.

Just plain nuts to think about the odds.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Joe is Jessica originally from the area you found the ring? Could it be a regional thing?

Also find any deals on guns? lol....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Joe is Jessica originally from the area you found the ring? Could it be a regional thing?

Also find any deals on guns? lol....

Yeah. Her mother was born and raised here.

As for guns don't even bother. They're proud of them and think they're sitting on a goldmine. One guy said he only sells on gunbroker and tried to give me a card to his online shop. I told him to pound sand. Lol. Give it a year or two and they'll be giving them away as door prizes when the panicdemic crowd pawns them in mass.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Buddies sister in laws boy friend found a new in the box dpms for 7 and change locally o some o the shops aren't rapeing the public....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is awesome Joe! She must be ecstatic right now knowing she can keep her mother's original safe and sound while still wearing it's twin. How cool!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Me thinks Joe sealed the deal.. All girls lol

I am with J. Joe ever has kids it will be all girls. Payback for something I am sure. Either that or he will have boys just as ornery and rotten as he is. lmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I am with J. Joe ever has kids it will be all girls. Payback for something I am sure. Either that or he will have boys just as ornery and rotten as he is. lmao

Nope.... Me thinks all girls... lol.... Could you imagine dating one of his daughters? I pity the poor fools lol....