Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

...and the winner is, PSE Stalker!

I shot a few recurves at the Dundee, Mi. Cabelas today and brought one home with me. The Sage and the Stalker both shot very well, but they had the Stalker in 40#, so that's the one I brought home. It worked out pretty good, as I had enough points and a $20 coupon that took a chunk out of the bill. :smiley_blink:

Now all I need is a dozen carbon arrows and I'm in business! :smiley_bril:

Bowhunter57

themedic said:
Good luck. You making the switch permanatly or just toying with it?
themedic,
I'm going to stick with this bow, until I get to a level of proficiency with it that I feel comfortable with for hunting and 3D archery. At this point, I don't know if it will be my hunting bow or not...for deer. Time will tell the tale. :smiley_blink: I want to get a good set of carbon arrows matched to this bow's draw weight, start practising and then try out some 3D shoots.

Bowhunter57

hoot gibson said:
start out close. like about 5 yards and back up as you feel comfy with it. it is harder to kill a deer at 10 yards than it is at 30.
hoot gibson,
Good advice...even for someone that's been shooting these things for a few years. :smiley_blink: I started at 10 yards, as I have a huge bag target and at that distance I'll be able to see any funky stuff that the arrow might be doing and make my corrections from there. Plus, I like to work on good form, a consistant anchor point and a clean release...before steping back to longer yardages.

This bow has a hole drilled and tapped for a centershot rest, which puts the height of the arrow (by design) about a 1/2" off of the shelf. Since I want to shoot this bow off of the shelf with a rug rest, I'm having to set my nocking point (nock ring) at 5/8" above the shelf and shoot it 3 fingers under. So far, the arrows are flying good. Now, all I have to do is be consistant with the way I shoot it, get used to the bow and gradually stretch out some yardage.

I'm shooting Gold Tip 35/55 Expeditions, that are currently 30" long with 100gr. tips and 5" feathers. I have a 28" draw length, so I have some shaft hanging over the riser, but as long as they're flying good, I'll leave them alone.

Bowhunter57

Well, I HAD big plans for going traditional...until this morning. :smiley_depressive: As I drew the bow for my first shot, I got slapped in the face with my own hand and I was standing there wondering what had happened. I looked down the bow to see the bottom limb cracked and delaminated. It's going back to Cabelas!

Bowhunter57