Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #6

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
The only other team Im concerned about is team one.

But other than that I shouldnt have a problem getting on on the scoreboard and getting the bonus points for calling in a bird for Joe.

Last edited:

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
One week out guys. Whats your forecast? Im sitting in my truck as we speak waiting on joe, so we can listen to a bird we located last week. Should be a good morning to hear them.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Well, I am more ready this year than any other turkey season. That's not saying a whole bunch! Lol. Seriously, I did manage to set my ground blind up last night and I feel very confident in its location. Just wish that I could hunt more than just the weekends. Good luck to all of my team members and all Toozers, as well.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I was at one of my spots this morning and heard one very vocal bird this morning so Saturday morning I will have probably both my kids (depending which one gets up HA) with me and this will probably be more of a circus then anything else. Ron I have the last two weekends off so if your still hunting maybe we could hook up.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I was at one of my spots this morning and heard one very vocal bird this morning so Saturday morning I will have probably both my kids (depending which one gets up HA) with me and this will probably be more of a circus then anything else. Ron I have the last two weekends off so if your still hunting maybe we could hook up.
Sounds great, Aaron. If I am still hunting, I will most definitely call you.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Joe and I heard 4 birds this morning. Were going in to sit among them saturday and sunday to figure out which would be the easiest for monday morning. Im up to bat first this year :)

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Thats good for us Alex that your up first, so put us on the board early. I'm taking my kids in the morning, it will probably be more of a circus then a hunt but it will be alot of fun no less.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
We sat among them. Only heard one but its the one I wanted in the first place. I watched him gobble 50 or 60 times in a tree, land and strutt. Hes roosting alone and getting with hens a few hundred yards away. If he does similar monday, well, he better enjoy tomorrow morning, itll be his last. :)

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Ill be back at it in the AM. Joe and I sat up on this bird thinking we had his roost zone covered. He moved 100 yrds away. I had him gobbling to every tune I threw at him. He pitched, and walked straight into our lap at 30 yards with no shot. He walked away and froze up about 75 yards away, still gobbling until hens flew down to him. We backed out at and fine tuned our next mornings setup using the county auditors website, google earth and bing lol. Hope he does similar tomorrow.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Good luck in the morning Alex. I took my daughter Brooke Sunday morning and we had an awesome time, she got to see stuff that took me 5 plus seasons to get to see. She is not much of a killer yet but she totally enjoyed her morning, I told her it is not always about the killing but the way the hunt unfolds is the best part. I posted in the Young Guns team pictures of how our morning went. I am working off nite shift in the morning and plan to go to a new place and try and see if I can locate some birds and Wednesday morning my mom is supposed to come and hunt with me.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
image.jpg
645 this morning. I will tell the hunt later.
image.jpg