Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 9

Huckleberry Finn

9 Huckleberry Finn
9 finelyshedded
9 Diablo54
9 Fluteman

What's up bitches?! Just checking in.

We're going to run the table...I've been itching for turkey season for about 6 months, Ric knows the woods like the back of his hands, Diablo, well that reputation speaks for itself; and Greg hopefully has some paternity leave!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Checking in fellas. I'd love to kill a bird this year. Been doing some scouting, and have seen several different groups running around. Now if I can just learn to play the tunes of Barry Manilow to the turkeys, I may have a shot! lol

As of now, the Kate is set to be induced the evening of the 22nd. I will take a week off for that, then work four days before having another week off. I'm sure momma will let me sneak off a few mornings as long as all goes well with the birth!

Buckmaster

Portage
Zip Code 43917. I'm a sponser of Huck.

All welcomed at Turkey Camp Season 2013.

Typically we have 2-3 turkeys going at one time.

Bring your mushroom bags.

See you there.

Quality meals served and perhaps you could learn about Food plot 101.

Last edited:

Diablo54

Outside
Checking in. Been scouting when I can. Hearing a lot of birds. Have one that sure seems to do the same thing every morning. But time will tell. Goodluck everyone!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry it took me till now to check in, been pretty busy and didn't see the teams were made till just now. I just got done buying my two turkey permits,hunting and fishing licenses on line($86.00) and signed them and ready to go. I haven't sorted through my turkey garb yet but will do that sometime this week when it is raining and I'm trapped inside. Haha

I ate both tags last year and debated on buying two this year. Figured what the heck and bought two again. I've got a good feeling this year and I know the place I hunt has plenty of mature toms roaming around. Now if I can just learn how to kill one I might be able to help our team! Rotflmao

I'll be out trying like heck and hopefully I won't lose my truck keys due to the lack of sleep!

Goodluck teammates! Be safe out there and let's kill some birds!

What a great gesture Ben! If you didn't live so danged far away I'd take you up on that BIGTIME! Just to eat good grub,drink some beers at that great camp of yours would be all I would need. Good luck to you and your team as well buddy.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Snapped a pic off my video of this big bird behind our house this am at 8:45.

He was 70 yards from the screened in porch. Lol

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That's good stuff right there Ric! I went out Sunday morning and listened across the road from the house. Just as I suspected, birds were roosted off the back end of the field. I need to get out there the next few mornings and watch from a distance to get an idea of where they are headed once they fly down. I've got a plan of attack, just need some more recon to verify this tactic will work!

Huckleberry Finn

That's good stuff right there Ric! I went out Sunday morning and listened across the road from the house. Just as I suspected, birds were roosted off the back end of the field. I need to get out there the next few mornings and watch from a distance to get an idea of where they are headed once they fly down. I've got a plan of attack, just need some more recon to verify this tactic will work!

If you don't know exactly where they are, roosting them at night can be pretty successful. I sit as tight as I can to what I think is the roost tree and wait for them to come into the woods and fly up. When you hear a helicopter take off, that's your bird!

Diablo54

Outside
Took my cousin yesterday. Had a bird that was henned up right off the roost. He wouldnt cooperate. Had to be in town by 9 so after that hunt it was over.

We planned to meet up this am at 5:30. He never showed lol. So I took the vid cam and got beetween him and his hens. Got some sweet footage. And had a jake fly down and land in my lap. He stayed at 15 yards for 10 min. They will prolly wake up soon and be over to hunt. Goodluck to you all.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats to your GF and you T!

I went to the farm I hunt to pull two cam cards at 11 this am and on my way down the cornfield I heard some gobbling down that way so I just backed out. No need to stir em up and I'll pull the cards tomorrow after I hunt....hopefully after I bust up a ugly faced bird.

Huckleberry Finn

Gobbled like crazy on the roost and then were nearly silent on the ground. I had one going around 8 and thought I might have some luck, but should have moved on him sooner. Beautiful morning in the woods though!