Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

heard em gobbling

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Heard them gobbling today while out at our land and found fresh tracks! This will be my first year turkey hunting and I'm going to take ones head off with the bow.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck Bigslam. I had the same hopes last year. Then they disappeared before season. Lol

On to year two. For year two I would be happy seeing one. Shooting one would be even better. For such "dumb" birds, they sure can humble a man. I wasn't over confident last year, but felt confident I would have at least had an encounter. It just wasn't the case.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Good luck Bigslam. I had the same hopes last year. Then they disappeared before season. Lol

Seems to be a common theme. Last year, spring came early and by the time season rolled around, The birds were either done breeding, or they were all henned up and not looking for love. The weather seems to be a little more copperative this year. Hope it works out.

Good luck on your first bird.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
They are still there, heard them again this morning while my buddy and I were setting up our blind. It sounded like they were about 100 yards away. Fresh tracks coming through our land again to. I had one walk right under my stand early bow season.