Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Screw Whitetails Unlimited

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Denny Malloy is on Dan River's show on WKBN 570 endorsing the Manchin/Tooney compromise to expand background checks. Denny is the head of Whitetails Unlimited. :mad::mad::mad:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Denny Malloy is on Dan River's show on WKBN 570 endorsing the Manchin/Tooney compromise to expand background checks. Denny is the head of Whitetails Unlimited. :mad::mad::mad:
I just posted a WTF on their FB page. We'll see..

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
He did say he didn't think it would go through and if it did it wouldn't have much effect on crime. The rest of the show he was pro-gun. Still I didn't like what he was saying at the beginning of the show.

He did say he didn't think it would go through and if it did it wouldn't have much effect on crime. The rest of the show he was pro-gun. Still I didn't like what he was saying at the beginning of the show.

I don't understand people like that. They know it doesn't do anything to lower crime but make their life harder. Then they support it anyway, they are making a deal with the devil and its going to bite them in the ass. The liberals are still going to hate them and the their supporters are going to turn on them.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Here is What I posted on their FB Page

What's this I hear about Denny Malloy on the Dan River show endorsing the Manchin/Tooney compromise to expand background checks. Did you guys pay attention to what just happened to the Eastern Sport and Outdoor show? I wonder what your 90,000 supporters will think when they hear this.

Their response..

The short answer is what you heard was wrong. (This is Jeff Davis responding, editor of Whitetails Unlimited Magazine.)

We saw what happened with the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, but that has nothing to do with us. WTU has a long history of supporting the Second Amendment (like last week, when we were a signatory with 30 other hunting and wildlife organizations to a letter from the NRA in opposition to universal background checks (http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1365155578c7k1h68606s).

And if you are wondering what our members will think of your post, I would hope that they will think, “That doesn’t sound right,” and pick up a phone or send an email asking about an unfounded rumor before they post something in a public forum that is not correct.

I just spoke with both Denny Malloy and Dan Rivers (the radio host) and listened to the entire interview. (The interview was the first 24 minutes of the third hour of this morning’s Dan Rivers Show on 570 WKBN radio in Youngstown, Ohio. The podcast is available on their website, www.570wkbn.com.)

They did talk about the Senate bill, which Denny read last night (he’s the only person I know who has actually read the bill). Denny was asked a question about what he thought was going to happen, and the impact, and his political analysis was insightful and spot-on. However, analyzing what you think will happen is hardly an endorsement or approval. Listening to any portion of the long interview will demonstrate Denny’s unconditional support of the Second Amendment and gun owners in this country.

In fact, Denny was on the radio to promote his 60-Gun Raffle WTU Event this May 4, in Yankee Lake, Ohio. I would encourage you to attend this event (or any other of Denny’s WTU event) to see what it is we do, and how we support American hunters, and get to know what kind of person Denny is. (Out of everyone in this organization, Denny would literally be the last person I would expect to support ineffective gun control legislation, which is why I instantly knew this was a mistake.)

Denny said anyone with questions can give him a call at (330) 507-9489. I am always available at the WTU office to talk with anyone; just call me at (920) 743-6777, ext. 122.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My response.

I also went back and listened to the podcast just to make sure I didn't misunderstand. And if anyone else is interested is at the beginning of hour three. Posted below this will be what was said before commercial one.

People can choose for themselves how they intend to interpret it. Just bear in mind the Manchin/Toony bill includes provisions to restrict private party sales without a background check. And from what I hear Denny seems to support Manchin and his compromise bill.

Dan rivers.

What does this gun legislation do right now as far as you know.

Denny
This is more or less closing the public sale loophole per se and. A lot of people are against background checks, private gun show sales to private individuals. And this one was put together mainly by Joe Manchion Who I am kind of glad is carrying the ball on this because he is a definite pro gun guy from West Virginia. And he came out early on and said we would be willing to budge a little bit which really went against all the diehard gun guys. And by him dealing with this issue I trust him in the sense that well you know when he ran for Senate he was the one depicted in his commercial shooting a rifle at the stimulus plan. He's always been good own guns and buy him bartering and bargaining this deal I trust that the gun owners interest are good.

Over talk Denny / Dan

Denny.

I would rather do something rather than NOT do Anything or look like they're just being stubborn and not doing anything.

Danny did go on to say that he did not think it is going to pass and it is a good Pherson gesture going forward to show that they're doing something

Bottom line to me, and the way that Danny expressed it in my opinion was he's glad Manchin was the one compromising on gun legislation because its better to give them something like universal background checks than look like we stubborn "diehard gun guys" unwilling to compromise.

Maybe we can agree to disagree. Maybe Denny simply failed to convey his point of "calm down, we're just throwing them a bone, it's not going to pass and good thing we have a gun guy crafting the compromise."

Here is the deal Jeff. Erosion is a slippery slope. Literally. Never give an inch and always fight like hell. Our grandchildren will not retain the right to bear arms if we make compromises in the name of appeasement and good faith gestures. That includes supporting senators and legislation that does just that. Maybe I'm just one of those "diehard gun guys"

Huckleberry Finn

I'm beyond pissed at Toomey. I am close friends with 2 people that work close to him and they've stopped responding to my texts because I've railed on him so much.

Hell, I'm so pissed at Toomey I called Rob Portman's office today and told them good job. Fugg me running.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Everybody should hit their FB page. Spread the info so WTU feels the pressure. They (WTU) is playing on their side and right into the Lefts hands trying to divide us.