Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

PSE Stalker or Mustang?

I'm shopping for a new t/d recurve. I want to walk into a store, physically put my hands on it and see how it feels, shoot it and make the purchase.

I like the looks of the shelf on the riser of the PSE Stalker and Mustang. It appears that they would handle a calf-hair side plate and a rug style rest, well. 45# bow draw weight with a 60" or longer length, is what I'm after...for 3D and possibly hunting.

I'm open to suggestions of other makes and models, along these lines. However, some production bows are known for stacking, at full draw and that's something I will avoid.

I've been out of traditional bows for a few years, but know what I want in one.

Thank you, Bowhunter57

Archertl,
Thank you, for the suggestion and I'd love to own a Hoyt Dorado. However, finding one and finding one in 45# would be the proverbial needle in the haystack.

I've read a lot of good reviews on the Samick Sage 62", Samick Journey 64" (longer version of the Sage) and the Samick Red Stag 62". I want to physically put my hands on these bows before making the purchase...and possibly shoot them too. I may have to make some phone calls and take a road trip this weekend. :smiley_bril:

Bowhunter57

The Cabelas website shows that they have them, but I'll call before making the tirp. Actually, the Dundee, Michigan store is closer for me...about an hour and 20 minutes. I need an excuse to go to Cabelas anyway...don't want to get my "man card" rejected for lack of appearances. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57