Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

AK47 Bullpup

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I just got my AK47 Bullpup back from a gunsmith friend. Yes it's a regular Romanian AK47 in a Centrury Arms bullpup stock with a 16 1/4" legal barrel in 7.62X39 caliber.
I had him remove the iron sights and install a full length scope rail. I will paint the rail black to match the rifle color.
I will be installing a variable power scope with a green daytime laser and a flashlight. Also I probaly will mount a 45 degree angle headsup halo sight off the right side for closeup shots.
It's going to be my new coyote and house defense rifle. I don't like being messed with.
I'll post some pictures when it's complete.

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Things awesome man. Super rare/hard to find?

With research it looks like Century Arms ceased production of the kit. They made a complete rifle which I bought 2 yrs ago and a kit only to convert your rifle. The kits and complete rifles are out there just have to find one.
It's just a drop in conversion. The trigger is a little mushy but useable.
I paid 400.00 OTD for mine.
Don't pay attention to the internet reviews. It's not a target rifle and it is what it is. It's mine and I'm OK with it.

One review states a lefthanded shooter had their teeth knocked out by the charging handle during recoil. DAH. Stupid is and stupid does.

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have fired one and it is neat. The trigger was....spongy. Hard to help that with the rube goldburg type mechanism it needs to be moved around. The fun factor outweighs that IMO.

Thanks for posting Frank.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Eastern Europeans have a pretty good track record of killing the crap outta each other so it's probably reeeeeal effective.
Wild looking!

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just received all my sighting attachments.
I put on a lighted 3X9 tactical scope.
A green daytime laser with a pressure switch.
A high end flashlight. The pressure switch is on backorder.
Plus I installed a Truglo Red Dot headsup scope on the right side with a 45 degree base. That way all you do is tilt the rifle to the left and look down the side of the rifle through the Red Dot. It's a clear view over top of the laser.
I have to take everything apart and paint the base black then put everything back together and sight it in.
Going to be a fun gun.
Just a word of advise with the price of ammo I don't give any warning shots. I have two 20 round mags attached together.

Last edited: