Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lift for a 1500 Ram

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Im considering putting a 6" lift on my 2003 Dodge. My wife wants me to trade it off but it's still like a new one to me with just a little more than 50000 miles on it. My thoughts are putting 35x12.5x18 in place of my factory 20's, any suggestions or pointers will help. I have had it since it was new and plan on keeping it for several more years.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Alex may also have some input here. I got nothing other than...

you-can-do-it.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep. Alex or Dennis is who I would ask as well. Can't blame you for wanting to keep it Aaron. That does sound like a truck to keep. 50k miles all put on by you? Heck yeah. Keep it.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'm no pro. But I would definitly get a quality one instead of a cheapy. Especially if you plan on keeping your truck. I'd also steer away from add a leaf kits for sure.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a 3" lift on my 78 Chevy. Sadly, it now sits about the same height as most current trucks.

ohio
I've lifted several of them, unfortunatly we usually always do a wheel and tire package with it, 20s and mud tires, not sure if there is a clearance issue with downsizing to an 18 or not, the knuckles for that lift are huge, I can get you a pretty good deal on bds lift kits and wheels and tires, and have it drop shipped from my buddy's shop, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Im down to choosing between 2 lifts, the Fabtech and a BDS that customizer's buddy is getting me a price on(by the way a big thank you for your contact). Hopefully next week I will be close to being done.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
If I lived closer to Customizer I definitely would let him do my lift, his garage gave me a great price on a BDL lift and wheels and tires, with that said I used this as a negotiation tool for a local garage, only the lift I bought is the Fabtech lift. Hopefully next week sometime I can schedule it to get done.