Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What did it?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My dad went to check the cameras over our two mineral spots yesterday. Both are on private property and we never have (knock on wood) trespassing issues. When he got to the camera way out on the point, the farthest from any nearby homes and right by my ladder and hang on stand, he found the lens that covers the flash was busted and glass was on the ground. He also noticed mud on the camera and scratch marks.
No pics tell the tale, but right before the susepected incident the pics went bright white and it was at 11:00 at night. There is a coon in one pic. Could a coon have done it? I guess it's an open and shut case with the coon there, but how in the hell could a coon bust the lens cover?
I've had some bad luck with cams lately! :smiley_blackeye:

Here is the camera:
2013-04-02_11.16.57.jpg

Here are the cam pics:
030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Looks like a coon tried to bite the corner of the cam to see what it was and broke the plastic cover over the IR lights to me. They will try and eat anything lol.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I believe it was a coon too. Those fuggers always screw with cams I place around a feeder. I have had them leave muddy paw prints as well.

I have heard that bears can really tear up a cam.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
What ever did it did it but you'll pay the price too fix it.... Get out the check book!!!! And get ready for a shock....

Buckmaster

Portage
A coon did it.

They messed up the wiring on my feeder between the solar panel and my battery box. They ate right through stainless steel conduit.