Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My ISP Co.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
[video=youtube;0ilMx7k7mso]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilMx7k7mso&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
How true that was.....

The wife and I've been a lot happier since we ditched cable and went with a Roku box (streaming Netflix, Hulu, etc). Cheaper and as long as the internet is working it works great.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It just uses your internet provider? So you could just dump the direct TV and or Cable? Just have a internet fee and that's it?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
It just uses your internet provider? So you could just dump the direct TV and or Cable? Just have a internet fee and that's it?

Correct J.
I have taken my $83.00 dish bill and knocked it down to $22.00 for the most basic channels so I can get the local news for now. If I still have no problem w/ that deal in a few months I will drop the dish all together. ( I left cable > dish but now they are becoming worthless to compared to the value I get.)
I get my internet through windstream... So as long as I have phone service, I'll be OK. There are a ton of free channels on the Ruko box and also some movie deals.
For example; "Netflix" is $8.00 mo for unlimited viewing. You just go in and pick the movie you want to see.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Last week, I downgraded our Dish channels because our bill had become outrageous, but I didn't know I wouldn't get ESPN. I see where this Roku would not offer such channels as that & the outdoorsy ones TOO. I won't be watching ESPN until football season anyhow, but I'd be afraid to drop Dish altogether. I suppose I could just pay for the extra channels that I want, such as The Outdoor Channel. Then again, I get more enjoyment watching YouTube hunting clips.

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
I'm thinking about getting an Apple TV box. A guy I work with has one. If you get the 2nd gen one you can jailbreak it and get every channel there is plus unlimited movies and foreign channels if you want them. I still need to learn more about it but it sounds great.