Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Idiots walk among us.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I'd heard that a group was looking at changing the Youngstown city charter to ban drilling and fracking. I didn't really pay much attention because state law preempts local laws when it comes to such things.

Yesterday I heard some discussion on a local talk show. Not only does the law ban drilling and fracking in the city but also any affiliated businesses. So V&M Star's new $1 billion pipe mill would be banned from selling pipe for oil and gas wells. Several other businesses that supply the industry have also opened in Ytown recently.

I dont think any part of the new law would stand up in court but 4000 citizens of Ytown signed the petition. Im sure even more will vote for it, it gets voted on in the May primary. The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me. Why do the really stupid things seem to originate in Democrat controlled areas? (That was a rhetorical question)

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
They are actually using US made pipe? I worked at a pie mill in lorain for a while installing a new quench and temper process. We would watch the pipe come off of production but weren't allowed to use it. Too expensive. It was cheaper to send that pipe, 20 feet away, out of the country and ship the same pipe in from canada.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Yes, much of the local made pipe is being used in Ohio and PA. The way the talk show host explained the law if the pipe was being used in any part of the fracking process anywhere in the world you couldn't sell it.

Who in their right mind thinks that a city could make a law like that?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I shake my head daily from the stupid shit that goes on up here and they wonder why nothing ever gets done around this friggin place lol....

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
J - I know what ya mean. The stuff that goes on up there has me shaking my head too. Having spent the first 22 years of my life up there, I love the Youngstown area (I know, it's sick & twisted). But there is just so much corruption and negativity that I don't see things ever getting better economically or socially. It's unfortunate.

And Sam - "Why do the really stupid things seem to originate in Democrat controlled areas?" I Lol'd at that one. :smiley_clap:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sean there's so many leaches on the free money game up here it'll never change.... You'd have too start from scratch too get rid of the mentality unfortunately....

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Well yesterday was the election. The amendment was voted down but over 40% voted for it. Of course the losers were complaining about the $$ spent by their opponents.