Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

problem uploading pics?

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Lately I haven't been able to upload pictures from photobucket, from home or work. Anybody else having issues? I was going to PM you Joe, but I figured I'd see if it was only me or not.
On the attachment page, I click "website", paste in the direct link to the photo, and click upload. From there the circle just spins and the photo doesn't upload.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
2mb upload limit. Which in reality is a huge picture. Pics are resized when uploaded, anything over 2mb will put a processing load on the server. But it should give you an error instead of just processing. The spinning circle is IE. what attachment page are you on? The one that comes up when you click the picture button in a post. Or the one below the reply box? Paste just a straight link to the picture for me. Thanks.

Last edited:

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I was going to post a new thread on a gun cleanup project I did. Here is a direct link to one of the photos: http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j457/Boonebucket/013_zps91566321.jpg

When I add photos, I click the "manage attachment" tab below the message box, then "website", paste in the direct link and then "upload" I believe. In the past if the file was too large, it told me so, like you mentioned.

If I should be attaching a photo a better way, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

ok. you gave me this link.

Code:
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j457/Boonebucket/013_zps91566321.jpg

I attached the below file using the above link.

013_zps91566321.jpg

Try t this way.. Above the message box click the button that looks like a framed photo, Click the tab that says "from URL".. You can post the direct link to the photo there.. Since it's on photobucket you don't need to upload it as an attachment here and you can uncheck the box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" This is called inserting an image. Photobucket hosts it, but we display it.. Here is an example.

Last edited: