Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well, it was fun....

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
But I don't know if it was real fun lol. I'll be heading back East sometime Sunday for good. At least for the foreseeable future, depending on how the job pans out. Barring I don't get out there and absolutely dread my job, Ill probably stay there until it's time to retire, at which time I'll probably head out West... I'll still have the house back here until the market comes back up. Probably make various trips back as long as I keep the GF around lol. I don't know if I'll be hunting out here next year or not. I'm hoping to get out to places like Iowa, Kansas, CO for an elk hunt. I have a contact in Illinois as well... So I don't think I'll be coming out here to hunt public ground, unless I get nothing arranged for next year and it's the only feasible choice.

I didn't get to meet as many guys as I would have liked to. Met most of you from OS.com actually. Spring Steelie trip to the Rocky with Frank and guys from the other forum. Met up with Mike once to let him try out the Elite. Been BS'n with most of you guys for about 4 years now through the forums. Doc, my resident walleye master from OS.com. Ohio was good to me the two years I lived here. Killed two nice bucks off public ground, caught some nice eyes out of the Maumee, especially my 12 pounder. The location has been ideal, you don't have to drive more than 15 minutes for most anything you want. I'll certainly miss some aspects of Ohio, but I'm also excited to be getting back to my roots of trout fishing and ocean fishing. Testing out new endeavors like spear fishing and using some tools I learned abroad to stuff I never did back east like bowfishing. I'll certainly pick up a recurve this year as my main concern was always having that booner come walking by at 40 yards and having a stick and string in my hand. Since I don't have to hardly worry about a hundred inch deer walking by in NJ, the time is now! Life has been easy, calm, and relaxed while I've been here. It's about to go back to being hectic and stressful again... New roles and responsibilities at work, trying to build back home, renting here and there, I've already been stressed out trying to accomplish everything. I'm just looking forward to getting the next year or so overwith so things get into a routine...

I'll still check in from time to time, especially during deer season!

Tim

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Don't let the door hit ya... lmao

Just kidding of course Tim! Wish you all the best with the transition. Not much choice but to go where the work is these days. Hopefully it all pans out, you get to Illinois and wherever else the big bucks are!!! Good luck!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Tim, best of luck and hope you check back in often. hope it all works out brother

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
It should work out. I just work in a small office setting, which is stressful, and it's mostly an office full of women. Not all at one time, but the team is mostly women. I guess we'll see how it goes. The job is the same as here, yet as different as it could be. Going to be a lot more stressul out there. Here I can come into work and kick back if I want. Won't be the case out there. But, more rank will follow, I'm already on a M-F schedule where I've been working shift work my whole life. I guess it'll have it's pro's and con's. I'm certainly not looking forward to living in NJ though. I've always been the type to bounce around and have new outdoor experiences though. Hopefully I can settle back home... Thanks for the wishes guys, I will certainly need them!!!

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Nah... That's only up north, they do a drawing for it, gets shut down half the time, and you can only slug hunt for them. Hell, my buddy didn't even get drawn for a turkey permit this year....

Buckmaster

Portage
Good luck Tim, stop by for chats anytime.

I deal with clients coast to coast. I do prefer the west over the east. The East are wound very tight.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Good luck Tim. Sorry we didn't get out to the river this spring before your departure.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck Tim! It's been nice reading your hunting adventures and other outdoor experiences. Hope to see you stop by and give us some updates.