Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hidden in plain sight

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice ideas. Wouldn't be terribly hard to build one either. Only question I would have is on the lock. I might have to consider this at some point.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Tim- I just want to hide the remote control, a bag of Oreos from my wife and kids, one of the cordless phones, and some of the other crap that seems to disappear. :smiley_crocodile:

Huckleberry Finn

The lady that cuts my mom's hair built a lil shop on the back of her house. The health code wouldn't let her put a door from her house to the shop, but instead you had to enter a door from the outside.

I went with mom once, years ago, and about crap my pants when the bookshelf spun out and the lady's daughter came in!

Buckmaster

Portage
Very nice.

No fire protection.

Wonder what the cost of a unit would be?

Probably too much in comparison to a couple gun safes.

Novel idea though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I like houses that have hidden rooms. A co workers husband has such a room where he keeps a few Harleys. It blew me away the first time he opened it.

Always wondered if they were rare or if people just never saw them? lmao

I know a guy with a built in vault room. Very nice setup. Not so much "hidden", but the way it is built I would call it pretty well inaccessible.

Buckmaster

Portage
I know a guy with a built in vault room. Very nice setup. Not so much "hidden", but the way it is built I would call it pretty well inaccessible.

If I can access the front half of a jail cell my basement is setup for one of those. When the wife and kids are bad I can lock them up.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
When my daughter lived in GA we looked at a new house under construction next door. Up stairs in the mastersuite the one corner was gone. Just didn't look right so I looked out the window and there was a window right beside of it and there was at least 1,000 wires leading into that secret room. Never did figure out how you would enter the room without a 2nd story ladder. Way too many wires for a serurity system. Weird.