Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Little Chilly

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have little knowledge of snake behavior, but I am pretty sure this one is looking for that lying groundhog. We found him while running snares along a waterway today. My guess is that if he finds the groundhog after he thaws out, he'll kill it. :)

Attachments

• IMG-20130325-00688.jpg
    IMG-20130325-00688.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 70

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I heard there has been a hit put out on punksatawny phil (sp?)

Some prosecutor in Ohio indicted him for fraud and issued a arrest warrant (all in jest of course) but the handler admitted it was his mistake and charges were dropped lol....

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I have little knowledge of snake behavior, but I am pretty sure this one is looking for that lying groundhog. We found him while running snares along a waterway today. My guess is that if he finds the groundhog after he thaws out, he'll kill it. :)

WTF? I never worry about these creepies when it's cold, and especially when the white stuff is on the ground. :tantrum:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
It's a harmless garter snake.

I have been known to drop bowling balls on them and/or shoot at them. :smiley_clap: Had a black rat snake show up once. Used all 6 shots in my .357 and still missed him. That one scared me half to death. Looked like an anaconda.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
He could have been a pit viper and wouldn't have spooked me today. He moved rather SSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have been known to drop bowling balls on them and/or shoot at them. :smiley_clap: Had a black rat snake show up once. Used all 6 shots in my .357 and still missed him. That one scared me half to death. Looked like an anaconda.

You won't see me judging you. I would have been handing you more ammo and bowling balls! hahaha

Huckleberry Finn

I hate those cocksuckers too, especially when they scare you!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've seen a few small garter snakes with a little snow left with temps in the low 40's but not in near these conditions with that much snow! Neat pic Brock! Seth is right, once a hawk spots it he's toast. Lol