Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Send me money .....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The four cent beer joke reminded me of this one. A guy is reading the used car ads in the local paper when he sees a particular Rolls Royce for sale. The same model that he's always wanted. The odd thing is, the asking price is really low, so it must be a misprint. He calls & the lady on the other end assures him that is the correct asking price. He goes to her house, sees the car & just has to buy it. About a week goes by & he still cannot believe his good fortune. He decided to call the lady back & ask why she sold the car for such a low price. Her reply was that her husband ran off with his secretary & about a few months later he sent her a letter. It said..... sell car, send money.

I used to work with a guy that watched the paper for such ads and always seemed to have the cash to buy, when they popped up.

One day he seen an ad for a '73 XKE Jaguar...for $600. He thought it was a misprint too, but called anyway. The lady that answered said, there's a guy here, NOW, picking it up. If you want to see it, you better hurry. Well, he went over there...expecting it to be in a basket, but it was mint, under a car cover, sitting in her barn. It was her grandson's and he was in the Air Force and he called her, told her to sell it and keep the money. Not dreaming she had no idea of its' value.

By buddy nearly puked, when he seen the car.

XKE Jaguar.jpg

Bowhunter57