Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL $10 of Hevi shot. Mail in rebate

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Still 4 bucks a shot after rebate. Lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364078536.935607.jpg

Huckleberry Finn

After looking at chokes with you last weekend, I saw a Tru Glo choke with HeviShot logo right on the side. I think .665. With a little Tru Glo strip for the end of your barrel, $25 for Remington and I think $30 for Benelli at Gander.... I've thought about getting it to try the heavy shot, or seeing if my undertaker will shoot it. I'll probably just tote around the Rem Nitro #4's I've had for a few years...but, $25 for a choke that shoots that seems good...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
After looking at chokes with you last weekend, I saw a Tru Glo choke with HeviShot logo right on the side. I think .665. With a little Tru Glo strip for the end of your barrel, $25 for Remington and I think $30 for Benelli at Gander.... I've thought about getting it to try the heavy shot, or seeing if my undertaker will shoot it. I'll probably just tote around the Rem Nitro #4's I've had for a few years...but, $25 for a choke that shoots that seems good...

I think Hevi Shot will pattern well out of damn near any choke to be honest... just some a little better than others. I shoot it through a cheap Remington Super Full turkey choke and it patterns real nice.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I ended up getting a jellyhead for 30 bucks. It's .655. The Turk choke that came with the gun was .660 here's a guy shooting a .660 at 25, 40, and 50 with a jellyhead .660 out of a Benelli SBE. basically the same rig I'm shooting except I have a little tighter choke.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364109081.785232.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's the hevi magnum blend. 2 1/4 ounces of 5s, 6s, and 7s in a 3.5 shell.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
For comparison. Here is a three inch remmington duplex load. It's a 1 7/8 oz mix of 4s and 6s. Same distance 50 yards.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364435265.808769.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
IMO. Unless you're shooting birds at 50+ yards then shoot the Remingtons, they're 20 dollars for 10. 2 bucks a shot. With that said I always try to remove variables. If a bird hangs at 60 he's getting dusted. Sure the shells are 6 bucks a shot. But hell. By the time you put in all the work and compared to the other stuff we buy the extra 4 bucks is a cheap piece of mind.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Well at least your honest. I shoot Federal 3 inch mag 4 shot and don't plan on switching from something that hasn't failed me yet. The cost is a big reason but in the end it only takes one perfectly placed pellet to give him a dirt nap.