Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No warrant? No entrance...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Read and discuss with your spouse/babies mamma ;)

Seriously, do not let ANYONE in the door without a warrant. You don't know who you can trust especially social workers of any type. They do a "cursory" search and find a bleach bottle in the cabinets not locked up.....kid gone. My brother had to do to court because his tools were not locked up and his kids could have plugged in his saw (top shelf) and hurt themselves. It was an anonymous tip (pissed wife as they were going through divorce proceedings). He ended up getting the kids back soon but it was quite expensive with the lawyer fees.

Never know what someones agenda is. "We are from the government and here to help"....scary.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/19/dad-this-picture-of-my-son-holding-a-gun-triggered-a-visit-from-nj-police-family-services/

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I saw this.

I don't even hold the door open to talk to police or anyone for that matter. I step outside the door and close it behind me. I won't risk them saying that an open door was an (assumed) open invitation to step inside to talk.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Ahhh, good ol DYFS. I had them called on me once. Forgot my homework for like two days. Mom gave me two very strict warnings those two days. When I forgot it again Wednesday, she had my ass walking back to school. Another parent stops and asked whats going on, if I'm ok. So I tell her and yes. DYFS comes to school a day later and says they heard my Ma was hitting me with the van, and made me pull my pants down to see if I had bruises... And understand, I was a bastard of a child. She stopped a mile in and asked me if I wanted to get in, and I had to apologize. I slammed the door and kept walking lol. BTW, I was like 10.... LMAO! And unless something changed, I don't thing you need an adult unless you're under the age of 14. I believe you can start hunting at 10. That used to be the rule anyway.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
One of my son's friends had a small apartment while in school. He's a very active target rifle shooter, service rifle and long range, so of course he reloads. One day cops come to his apartment looking for the former tenant. Matt opens the door and the cops see his reloading bench. They force their way in and look through everything. After they determined he wasn't the guy they were looking for or up to mischief they left. He learned a lesson.

Don't keep stuff in view of the door that might give a cop probable cause to search your place.

Some people are revengeful. The only Ohio hunting law I have ever broken was hunting without an adult. Dad would let me hunt our property by myself when I was 10 or 11. My Dad has very little interest in deer hunting. So sitting under a tree with me waiting for a deer was something he did only a couple times until he thought I was trust worthy enough to go sit in the woods by myself. I was not allowed to get in a tree stand by myself though.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Look at the views on that thread.. 100K lol.. That's like 100x the next highest thread on there... Talk about traffic..