Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

22's

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
OK. I understand a run on "black gun " ammo. We have seen it before but for cryen-out-loud 22's !?!?!?
WTF??? I have been from Erie,PA. to Mentor (just this side of Cleveland) and as far south as the bowles of SW PA. thats 2+ hrs E/W and 3 hrs N/S. No bricks anywhere. Low life trash selling bricks as high as $60-70 on line. WHAT THE HELL! I see lots of shot guns on the shelfs and a fair -good amount of shot gun ammo but 22's ?

What the hell.

:smiley_crazy:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Walked into the local shop and they had 1 brick for a woppin $109 for a brick. Told them they could keep it for that price. Only .22 shells they had was 100 rounds for $20.

Walked out with nothing lol. Screw that noise.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Makes you want too grab them around the neck and squeeze some.... I can see a little profit taking but this is friggin rediculous.....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Buckeye Outdoors had just a few Saturday. Could only get 2 boxes of 50 plated CCI's at 8.99 each!
Fugger's need throat punched for gouging like they are.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
On one side you have the politicians fueling the hysteria with all the gun control issues and then you have people in the industry breaking it off in our backside capitalizing on the situation too make an outrageous profit on the other side and we're stuck in the middle.... Wanting too throat punch the whole lot of them.....

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Until idiots quit paying that much per brick we won't see it end. Let it sit on the shelf for a few months and they see their profits dip then we may see an end. Supply and demand.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
High prices are the cure for the high prices and the shortages. it is captalism's way of slowing the high demand, it is slowly getting better.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
High prices are the cure for the high prices and the shortages. it is captalism's way of slowing the high demand, it is slowly getting better.

But it's a double edged sword, now that these companies are seeing what consumers are "willing to pay", do you think we will ever see them go back down to "post freakout" prices? I sure hope we do.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I feel you pain Big Bro! CJD and I haveeven tried tag teaming to find .22's, On the way home from the rig I stopped at Walmart in Youngstown on Belmount Ave and the lady just laughed at me!! Bitch!!!!!!! MY only hope right now is to find some "Mom and Pop" shop out in the sticks that may have a brick or two. I am trying to find a brick for me and one for Big Bro, two different brands.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
But it's a double edged sword, now that these companies are seeing what consumers are "willing to pay", do you think we will ever see them go back down to "post freakout" prices? I sure hope we do.

I agree too a certain extent but who's actually gouging the manufacturers? or the retail people????

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If I was too speculate I'd have too say the retailers... Walmart doesn't have any but the sticker on the shelf hasn't changed as far as price goes from what I've seen....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
prices on other rounds can be kept in check because they can be reloaded, just need some lead, powder, and primer (if you can find primers). cant reload a rimfire, creates more demand.