Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Freezer Help!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
We have an upright that is on the blink. Running constantly and not getting cold. It is FULL of deer skulls and not sure if should try and get it fixed or look for another one? Anyone been through this? It's an extra large Sears Kenmore if it matters. Thanks in advance fellas!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Just read that on line Jeremy....gonna have her check it asap. I'm like trouble shooting over the phone as we're at the different houses and I already had a beer before trouble started with freezer. Thanks!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Does it have automatic defrost? If so, sometimes the defrosting element goes out and the coils pack solid with ice. It's a cheap yet time consuming fix if this is the case. Hopefully it's not something more expensive like a compressor. Good luck with it.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Their checking outside coils now. Inside coils will be next.

Google pretty much says it's the Thermometer or Defrost is stuck. Thermometer is like 10.00 Defrost fixture is like 20-30

If compressor, I'll get another one. I was mistaken....It's a x-lg GE Freezer.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Being married 49 yrs and having ref and freezer. It seems to me they either work or they don't. CraigsList is a good place to pickup a nice used one. I've had repair people tell me in the past don't fix them. But I've been know to be wrong one time tho.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
PM sent back. Sorry for the slow response, just haven't been able to be around as much as I would like TOO lately. I am really begining to miss this place.