Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sink or Swim.....

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I took Sarge out this past weekend, once in KY to a pond on top of a mountain and the other in a city park for some water training. To me it was a defining moment of weather this dog would sink or swim.... doesn't do me much good if the dog cant swim for his purpose as a duck dog. Proud to say Sarge made his first water retrieves like a champ so I guess I'll keep him around. Forgot my camera for park pics when he actually swam distances but ill get some sooner or later. He's 4.5 months now so its time for some harder OB training since his puppy teeth will drop soon. Here's a few land retrieves from KY.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Man he is a pretty dog...i may try to post some pictures of Lucy....shes is a machine too. water comes for her in about a month or so. maybe may 1st

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not my thing, but I can say I am impressed with this dog and your work with him. Glad he is working out well for you.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sarge is coming along nicely, dude! Great pics as usual!

Betty had her first water "experience" last weekend. I took her to a shallow wetland in a corn field... The weather was pretty warm so I figured it was worth a shot. Surprisingly she took right too it without hesitation! I'll try to post links to a couple videos in my thread.

Keep those updates coming!