Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mossy Oak Properties...anyone deal with them?

Smawgunner

Athens
I'm looking at a couple of properties that Mossy Oak has listed. Are they a realtor or do they own these properties? Has anyone dealt with them before? They do seem to be selling land. ??
Thanks!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
They are just a real estate broker. I've dealt with them a little as they are selling a property that butts up to our farm. So far, I'm not impressed...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I deal with people for a living and it behooves me to be polite and courteous. It would behoove their agents (one in this case) to be the same way. Our initial phone conversation left a bad taste in my mouth and subsequent emails (and lack of response to one) sealed my opinion of their/his operations.

This is an aside, but being from a small town, I don't like people who buy rural ground, jack up the price, and/or try to bust up farms. Nor do I care for brokers who specialize in facilitating this kind of activity. I realize it is business and we are in a free market, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Smawgunner

Athens
I deal with people for a living and it behooves me to be polite and courteous. It would behoove their agents (one in this case) to be the same way. Our initial phone conversation left a bad taste in my mouth and subsequent emails (and lack of response to one) sealed my opinion of their/his operations.

This is an aside, but being from a small town, I don't like people who buy rural ground, jack up the price, and/or try to bust up farms. Nor do I care for brokers who specialize in facilitating this kind of activity. I realize it is business and we are in a free market, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Could not agree with you more. Being a an avid outdoorsman trapped in a City my whole life...it's been tough networking to find property. Mossy Oak has some nice land but the jury is still out on it's worth in my mind. Just checking out all of my options. Thanks for the insight.

Huckleberry Finn

Could not agree with you more. Being a an avid outdoorsman trapped in a City my whole life...it's been tough networking to find property. Mossy Oak has some nice land but the jury is still out on it's worth in my mind. Just checking out all of my options. Thanks for the insight.

Tell us about yourself man! Welcome to TOO

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I follow the market around here very closely and at one time, had all the requirements to take the Ohio real estate exam. I even had some of the stuff I needed to be an appraiser, so I'm no novice when it comes to real estate. Working in oil and gas also gives me valuable insight in to the true worth of land now that everyone thinks their patch of dirt sits over a gold mine.

That being said, my honest opinion is they are price gouging on rural property. I could go on and on since you got me started, but I'll just leave it at that! Some of their prices assure me that the people they are representing are either delirious, or seriously uneducated on the value of land in the current market. The piece next to us will sit on the market for a long time because only an idiot with TOO much money would pay their asking price...

Milo

Tatonka guide.

Personally i woukd think you would be paying a premium buying property through them. They are trying ti hook line and sinker a hunter to buy it. Its more of a business transaction/investment than a hunting property no matter how big the deer they "say" are on it. Due to oil and gas now id would look more south central outside the gas window for affordability.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I about spit my beer out when I read the way they are marketing Hippie Ridge. They go on and on about how great the hunting is in Washington County. Sure, we have some big numbers, but check the decline curve out. We are tanking and tanking fast! If someone buys this piece for hunting, they better hope it is for turkeys and not deer...

Smawgunner

Athens
Tell us about yourself man! Welcome to TOO

Born and still live in columbus. 47 years old...HS guidance counselor, former Marine. Used to squirrel hunt years ago but don't hunt anything anymore.....do a lot of fishing. I'm in the market for property but can't seem o find anything that fits the bill. My wife is a park naturalist so wildlife diversity is a must. We'd like a place about an hour to hour and a half from cols to camp, shoot, ...just get away. Good to be here!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good too see you sign up... Great group of folks here and all willing too help out... Thanks for your service brother....