Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Redcloud's 2013 Sheds

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have been out the last couple weekends without much to report. Spent last weekend and covered a loop about 2miles and found nothing but a bunny lol. That same weekend Dante covered a bunch of ground on the opposite side of the property to find nothing. We both tagged this past weekend along with Dante's son and covered the area I had checked the previous week and had the same results. Nothing but a shed from last year that I wish I had found last year before the squirrels and other toothy critters found it. We are both thinking the bucks are still holding antlers around our hunting grounds. Going to try a little further South next weekend on some ground we are wanting to give a try hunting this season. Hopefully we will find some good ones down there to keep this thread going.

Here is the shed from last year that I found this past weekend. Looked like it would have been a good buck for sure. Right where the "D" is measures 4 3/4" and that's with some of the antler chewed as well as some of the antler has started breaking down after being exposed to the weather after being chewed on.

Here is the other side of the antler showing how degraded the antler is.

By the looks of the antler the base and brow are missing and this section would be the G-2 going to the G-3 as it has the curve in the antler.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Boy did they make a mess of it didn't they?!

Yes they did lol. I swear between the tree rats and the blackholes I have little chance of ever finding them lol.

Hicks, I think it would take a lot to offend Hoot lol. Speakin of Hoot, where the heck has he been these days.

Ric, I think it would have been a great shed to add to the collection when it hit the ground. I will be out again in a couple weeks and try to find this years shed so this doesn't happen again lol.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Damn man, that thing has seen better days for sure! I am convinced the squirrels hide them from me. Or I suck. But I like the squirrel theory better!!!