Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Icotec GC 300

Phred

Clermont
I needed an e-caller (to get away from the hiss of the old tapes in the ole 512) for the local yotes. Much reading on reviews from major manufactures lead me to the Icotec GC 300. After the brown truck stopped by, I charged the caller with new batteries and stepped outside. Got most of the neighbors dogs whining and howling and had a few crows wondering what was happening below as they circled the house. Two days later I went to the woods to hear the GC 300 in its glory. I was convinced I would have a yote in minutes after powering the unit which did not happen. Volume was a concern with the crows as I am used to much more sound. With the yote calls I believe volume is good. Yotes can hear a vole moving under 18 inches of snow and should be able to hear this unit. I had dogs 1/4 mile away whining and barking while running the yote howling calls. I was disappointed on the cottontail distress volume but the woodpecker sounded right to me. After 2 hours and no yotes I moved down the road for another uneventful hour. This caller is programed for 12 factory calls and can not be changed or replaced. I give this caller a 3 on a 5 scale for the volume and limited calls. The cheapest FP is 3 times the cost of this caller. That's my story and hope it helps anyone who is limited to funds as I am that wants an e-caller.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thanks for the review! I bought a Wildgame Innovations Echo HD last winter and am fairly pleased with it, but volume is also an issue with it. Not to mention it is a pain in the ass to switch between calls. Hope you are able to put the GC300 to good use and bust a few yotes with it!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Always nice to hear opinions on various units. Hopefully it helps you nail some coyotes. Seems like it is hit or miss in my area. Sometimes we have one running to us in 30sec-2min. Other times you make 10 sets and see nothing. Either the coyotes are in the local area at the time or they are not. Or. . . .they just aren't buying the setup.