Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

deer expo?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Whose going? Who has been? Good deals?

I have been invited several times, but actually might make it this year.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Deals? Sometimes. Going? Yes, unless something crazy comes up. Stuff to learn? Yes. I like the seminars. People to see? Plenty. Plenty to smell as well. Wannabe TV celebs? Yep. I walk on past them.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Albert, already been some talk on who's possibly going. Check out page 2 in the Goof Off Lounge. It's an experience. You'll hear more turkey talk than you will ever hear in your whole life. Lol

Plus see sum big deerz.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Bren every year for a decade. Deals are really few and far between in regards to good ones. If you've been once, you've been to them all. But there is something nice about going. Kinda signifies the end of winter...

I haven't been to one in over 15 years, but my brother and I are going this year. We plan on being there around noonish, Saturday.

I have my hesitations about going to a venue that I have to pay a cover charge to get in for "deals" on the table. Just the same, I have a crow call that's made by Game Slayer Game Calls, that is the best sounding crow call that I've ever owned. I've killed/called many crows with it...and still have it.

Bowhunter57

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Milo was just saying the same thing he said on the other thread about if he was gonna go to the expo. I think it's a NO. Rotflmao

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Bren every year for a decade. Deals are really few and far between in regards to good ones. If you've been once, you've been to them all. But there is something nice about going. Kinda signifies the end of winter...

My neighbor (who doesn't hunt) goes with me. He's more excited about it than I am. Mainly because we generally have had good weather for it; he sees it as the start of spring.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I've been to a few of them, they are pretty much the same every time. Deals? Not a lot of them to be found, but they are there if you look. If you read "the ohio outdoor news" or "ohio fish and game" Thats the place to go to get a subscription. You get freebies for subscribing. Last time I got a couple pocket knives, hats, can coozies... There are a couple guys that sell sauces there. BBQ, HOT, Mustard... I like to pick that kind of thing up while I'm there.

I doubt I'll be going this year. If something changes and I decided to go, it will be on sunday. Not as much of a crowd, and things are marked down a little more to sell them before its over.

I would be willing to bet with, the expo and the new cabelas, Cbus will be redneckville next weekend.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll be at the Beef Expo but will probably slide by to check it out. Same stuff every year but I need some new turkey calls.

Sorry to hear you are between girlfriends again. Good luck finding one there!:smiley_crocodile:

Albert- I think the better deals I have found have been small items. Bought some pants last year for $15-20. Probably $25-35 pants. Plenty of turkey call selections. The guys have covered it well. I personally don't spend much time looking at the deer heads. Not sure why. I guess I am arrogant. I would rather spend time chasing after deer I can hunt than drool over deer I can't. Some of them are truly amazing though.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
If you read "the ohio outdoor news" or "ohio fish and game" Thats the place to go to get a subscription. You get freebies for subscribing. Last time I got a couple pocket knives, hats, can coozies...

Yep so true. Also a good place to renew your NRA membership for $10 off

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yep so true. Also a good place to renew your NRA membership for $10 off

NRA is running a special Life Membership for 300.00 total till 4-16-13. Been a Lifer for 15 yrs. The 2 grandsons are being Lifers in this go around.

go to NRA-2013.org
I got the notice as a Life Member and don't know if it has to be attached to a Life Member or not. That's 700.00 off the regular 1000.00 price. But there are no payments just a full 300.00 due at signup.
Frank

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I got the notice as a Life Member and don't know if it has to be attached to a Life Member or not. That's 700.00 off the regular 1000.00 price. But there are no payments just a full 300.00 due at signup.
Frank

Negative. I am now a Lifer and it was not attached to any other life members. Well worth $300 in my opinion.