Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL TimberStrike Blind

Huckleberry Finn

Menards is selling TimberStrike PopUp Blinds (TSBG-100) this weekend for $30 ($45 and then a $15 mail-in rebate).

60" x 60" with a 68" ceiling height
3 large zip out windows
4 small zip outs (big enough for a gun)
comes with some see-thru mesh (that I prolly won't mess with)
ground stakes and carrying case
black interior

I picked one up and popped it out in my living room. It's a little flimsy and a little on the cheap side, but you get what you pay for, right? You could fit 2 guys on folding chairs in there easily. I think if you staked it out, pulled it apart, and then strategically brushed it in, it'd be fairly durable.

This is a no brainer with turkey season right around the corner. At $30, it is something I'd be comfortable with leaving out the night before for turkey or deer gun...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Gotcha. I haven't had the desire to pull my catalog out. I believe the model we offer is the TSGB200. Truthfully, if it was the same model we carried, I would be out buying some. That is butt cheap. Even if you throw it away at the end of the season, that is a good buy.

Huckleberry Finn

Gotcha. I haven't had the desire to pull my catalog out. I believe the model we offer is the TSGB200. Truthfully, if it was the same model we carried, I would be out buying some. That is butt cheap. Even if you throw it away at the end of the season, that is a good buy.

I can't find anything on BD's site about them, only the 200. Like Mike said, this is a pop up and not the hub.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Here's a picture of the sale paper.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362792288201.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362792288201.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 165

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I would never own a blind that wasn't hub style. After having a couple pop up style blinds, I'd rather put my wangus in a blender than fool with one. Even for $30.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I would never own a blind that wasn't hub style. After having a couple pop up style blinds, I'd rather put my wangus in a blender than fool with one. Even for $30.

I agree I have yet to find a pop that I can draw in quietly. I hate them, going to only use hubs from now on.

Huckleberry Finn

I wouldn't bow hunt out of one, no way. But gun hunt for turkeys on a rainy morning? Hell yea

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's not the hunting out of them that is the issue, it's the folding them up part! If you leave them sit long enough, the metal will lose its memory and you'll never fold it up again. For me, hub versus pop up style blinds it like a Corvette versus a Pinto.

Huckleberry Finn

It's not the hunting out of them that is the issue, it's the folding them up part! If you leave them sit long enough, the metal will lose its memory and you'll never fold it up again. For me, hub versus pop up style blinds it like a Corvette versus a Pinto.

I may or may not have pulled the instructions out of the trash can after fuggin around with it...and then decided to actually keep the instructions in the bag...lol. It almost got the best of me.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
lmao

Had my ass whipped by them a few time. I threw away my hitting net that was essentially built the same as these blinds. Got pissed trying to fold it up before a game one day and went postal on it. Bought one with poles like a tent. Much better for my blood pressure!