Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stabilizing 110's????

furcatcha

Atwater
Hey guys I'm looking for new ideas to stabilize a 110 mostly for bottom edge sets. I know I can mount a stabilizer on a brick and it works pretty good but I cant haul bricks everywhere I go. I usually just end up putting sticks through the spring but in deeper water it can be a pain. What do you guys do? thanks in advance

Diablo54

Outside
I know they make some stabilizer systems that you can buy. But for deep water we always us sticks to help support it.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
This is what I love about this website. Questions, answers, information.

Welcome to the site Furcatcha! :smiley_coolpeace:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Welcome to TOO! I like the name. Hope to see you stick around. Some knowledgeable guys and gals on here.

furcatcha

Atwater
Welcome to TOO! I like the name. Hope to see you stick around. Some knowledgeable guys and gals on here.

Thanks guys. Yeah that first video is what I sometimes do but once again some of my trapping spots are far walk and was looking for something I don't have to carry in with me to fasten that stabilizer to. Yeah I think I'll be sticking around. This was my first actual year of trapping on my own and I'm hooked for life! Don't get the wrong idea I've tagged along a couple of longtime trappers so not exactly going in blind. my first year I caught everything thats desirable including coon(obviously) rats,coyote,fox, otter,mink, and beavers. I didn't get to put in half the time I wanted and maybe had traps set half the season. I'm super excited to hit it even harder next year. I had to buy everything to start in one year so now I can work on upgrading and be more ready next year. Thanks again. keep the idea coming I appreciate them

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Welcome too the site... Got some die hard trappers around here and lots of deer hunters as well so pull up chair and join right it in....