Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good reads/videos to kill time

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I am boored alot at home, and looking for tips on good reads, forums, blogs, etc.

I like reading on habitat improvement, and deer hunting stuff.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Medicsnoke has a website dedicated to helpful tips and outfitting

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am watching a Family Feud marathon right now. I am going to need some "hang out in my recliner" activities for a few days.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
Here is a couple of books that I really Like:

Growing & Hunting Quality Bucks by Tom Indrebo
Realworld Whitetail Icons by Don Higgins
Hunting Mature Whitetails the Lakosky Way
Anything by Gary Clancy

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here is a couple of books that I really Like:

Growing & Hunting Quality Bucks by Tom Indrebo
Realworld Whitetail Icons by Don Higgins
Hunting Mature Whitetails the Lakosky Way
Anything by Gary Clancy

I am reading this one right now. From what I gather from you AT, I think you would like it. It is a good book.

Books? I have read all Eberhart's books. They are great. I find the books by John Eberhart better than the Chris Eberhart book I read. All worth reading though. Roger Rathaar has a great book I read as well. It is titled "Whitetail Magic" and written by G. Fred Asbell. Benoit has a good one as well. I believe it is called something along the lines of "How to bag the biggest buck in your life". Horribly corny title turned me off, but someone recommended it and I am glad I read it. "Mapping Trophy Bucks" by Brad Herndon was also a great book. Even up here in flat country I find myself skimming through it.

John Eberhart has a 3 series DVD out as well. ALL are worth viewing. I also bought the D&DH TV seasons on DVD. Well worth the time and money spent viewing. Drury puts out some decent videos also.

You want to mix things up on the site? We have suggested this before but I am not sure how far it got. What if we had some video/book library on TOO? I have some coyote videos I would gladly loan out. All I would ask is if they are returned. I don't care if they are sent to 10 guys to enjoy before it makes it back to me. I would be willing to loan out some of my coyote DVD's. Same goes for some of the deer hunting videos.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Books? I have read all Eberhart's books. They are great. I find the books by John Eberhart better than the Chris Eberhart book I read. All worth reading though. Roger Rathaar has a great book I read as well. It is titled "Whitetail Magic" and written by G. Fred Asbell. Benoit has a good one as well. I believe it is called something along the lines of "How to bag the biggest buck in your life". Horribly corny title turned me off, but someone recommended it and I am glad I read it. "Mapping Trophy Bucks" by Brad Herndon was also a great book. Even up here in flat country I find myself skimming through it.

John Eberhart has a 3 series DVD out as well. ALL are worth viewing.

Phil pretty much covered my response on reading materials.

Online videos to check out... MidWest Whitetail has enough to keep you busy. The Muddy site has links to a couple good shows as well, including Heartland Bowhunter. Short Season has some really good quality stuff too.