Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

National WSU Postal Match

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My grandson who turned 17 two weeks ago shoots in a National WSU Postal Match. It's 50 shots per week offhand at 50 ft. He shot week 7 out of 10 weeks today and shot 1224 with 32 centers out of a 1250 score.
So far this year he has shot 1229-38, 1219-31, 1212-24, 1208-31, 1205-28, 1212-23, 1224-32. He only shot a one match over 1200 last year.
After week one he was in 2nd Place out of over 100 Seniors Nationwide. He dropped to 4th Place couple weeks ago.
Last year he finished in 16th Place Nationwide shooting against the Seniors. The kid can shoot.
One of his targets today. There are 3 shots on each of the 5 bulls. The top bull is not used except on the 1st target as a sight in target.
Frank

Last edited:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Very impressive. What rifle is he shootin'?

Frank do you post any on the ASSRA singleshot forum? That is the only place I see any talk of Schutzen matches.

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very impressive. What rifle is he shootin'?

Frank do you post any on the ASSRA singleshot forum? That is the only place I see any talk of Schutzen matches.

Thanks Sam. No I don't post on any other froums. I believe the results end up in the Blackpowder magazine at seasons end.
He is shooting a very early Anshutz 54 that before they started putting date codes on them. He shoots the Russian Junior Brass ammo. With a 10 power Leupold scope. I gave the rifle to him 2 yrs ago when he got his NRA Distingished Expert rating as a throphy rifle when he turned 15.
He's a good kid that's always willing to help old grandpa out.
Frank

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like a good kid Frank. Sounds like a good kid with some talent as well! Congrats to him on his hard work.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I just checked the National standings and he is in 4th Place again. He sure has those Seniors on the run.
With todays good score he should jump up in the standings. 3 more weeks to go. I will advise at seasons end.

Proud grandpa

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds like a good kid Frank. Sounds like a good kid with some talent as well! Congrats to him on his hard work.

He is a good all around shot with rifle, pistol, shotgun and bow. He just is a natural. Just too busy to train and practice.
He didn't pick up his rifle for 9 months and shot he's highest score of the year 1229 out of 1250 the 1st week.
He took a nice 7 point buck with my 44 mag pistol when he was 15.
Frank