Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Snow

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Luckly we only got about 2 inches. But it sure is wet. Picture shows my high tension fence that about 1/8 inch in diameter with about 2 inches of top on it. First time I remember seeing this.
Frank

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yeah, I started to shovel but said screw it. TOO heavy. It'll soon be melted anyhow.

Right. I'm not even going to put the snow blade on the tractor for this one. Just stay home today. Probaly put another tree ladder stand together and more research on my food plot. Sending the soil samples today for testing.
Got to dig my sprayer out for the roundup.
Phil that Big Dog ladder stand I picked up yesterday at Menards sure is high quality. Sorry I couldn't get it from you but at 54.00 I couldn't walk away and too bad they only had one left. But if I can get permission for the land behind me I will be needing a tower and I will contact you.
Frank

Derek j

Knox Co.
We didnt get shit for snow in Knox county, maybe 2 inches. Got just enough for most of the schools to close. I think they just wanted to stay home. My kids school had a two hour delay. Cant believe the small amount of snow it takes for schools to close anymore. When we were kids, it would take at least 3-5 inches before we even got chubby that school might close. One snowflake is all it takes these days.

Glad you like the snow
And glad I didn't get any

I saw maybe 3 snowflakes in all

Hope the warm weather sticks around
But I see after the weekend
They are calling for more cold temps for at least a few days

John

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We cover a couple counties for snow. I would say 6-9" covered these areas. Seems some areas always see a tad more than others. I was surprised at the drifting we had to be honest. As wet and heavy as the snow was I truly didn't think drifting would be an issue. Many drifts in the 18-24" range but I saw a few which were around waist level. Just depended how the winds circled around the buildings. We plow a Dollar General which had 3' drift and all on the sidewalk. That was a pain in the butt. Bigger pain when my snow blower smoked the belt. Shovel time for this guy. Ugh.

Frank- don't lose any sleep over it buddy. You find a deal, you buy it. You don't owe me squat. I don't make a living selling stands and blinds. I try to make it known where to find us but try not to clutter up every post selling stands to people. End of the year closeouts are tough to beat. We will be offering a third free standing model this year as well. Two will be Big Dog and one Rivers Edge model. Look us up when the time is right. Tough to find these at the box stores. We can save you $150-200 freight when you are in town for a gun show as well. If you find a better deal, I won't be upset. You do what is best for Frank.