Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bark Collars

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have a regular training collar, but I'm in the market for a bark collar now. My dog won't shut the fugg up when its dark now that we brought the baby home. When I'm not home, its even worse. I appreciate his enthusiasm, but he is going way over board with it and it has become a nuisance.

Has anyone tried these on larger dogs and how do they work?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They do the trick but if the fuggin dog gets wise too it they'll shake their heads until the collar rotates off of the vocal chords and it won't shock when they bark....

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Personally, I've never used one, but did know a man that did. He used one of those citrus spray types and said it worked great.

Actually, I watched him just mention the word "collar" once and she shut up. She was a large dog.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
ive never used one so i couldnt say. but my cousin has 4 dogs and she uses this compressed air that hurts there ears all she has to do is pick it up and show them and they just lay down right where they are.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have no experience whatsoever with bark collars... but maybe you could try using the e-collar first just to see how Remi responds. Just hide somewhere in the house and wait for him to bark... As soon as he does, light his ass up. Your timing has to be real quick, though. He may figure it out so quick that all you'll have to do is keep the e-collar on him instead of buying a new bark collar.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If he has his e-caller on, he's a different dog and I have no doubts it'll work. Problem being when Tracie is home alone with a baby and doesn't have her hands free, or when we are sleeping. I kinda want something that's instantaneous and doesn't require our watchful ears and a ready hand.

Other than just being protective, he's about half blind and it makes him on edge at night. All you have to do is mute the TV and he'll start barking. Drives me nuts!