Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Holsters

Huckleberry Finn

I've looked through a few old threads, but I'm looking for holster suggestions.

Full sized pistol.

I think I'd like to carry at the small of my back. IWB?

Normally I am a middle of the road purchaser, but I'd like to get something nice and buy 1 once.

Thanks...

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Small of the back....i dont recommend it because if you fall on it, you will break your back before you break the gun and it is a very slow draw.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I bought a Fobus Roto just to have something to carry OWB when I'm in the woods and what not, but I am in the market for a good carry holster. The problem with IWB is that I'll have to buy new jeans TOO! :smiley_blackeye:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
They do in LH on the second's list.

I found them on their regular pricing. Are they a deal at $48.50, or are they a deal at the seconds price ;) ?

I think the Crossbreeds are a deal at any price under a $100 but don't tell them that. I use mine almost everyday though.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I bought a Fobus Roto just to have something to carry OWB when I'm in the woods and what not, but I am in the market for a good carry holster. The problem with IWB is that I'll have to buy new jeans TOO! :smiley_blackeye:

I love my Fobus for OWB.

For IWB, I have really liked my Desantis Soft Tuck.

For a full size gun Huck, I would definitely go with something that has the 2 belt clips for 2 points of contact, they are hard to beat for comfort. I tried one on that my bro-in-law had and it was awesome. With the soft tuck like mine, you definitely know you are carrying a gun, especially with my Glock. With those Crossbreeds, I could see where you could almost forget you had a pistol on you they were that comfy.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I think the Crossbreeds are a deal at any price under a $100 but don't tell them that. I use mine almost everyday though.

They are a deal regardless. I have trip and with both I can sleep with them on and did (nap) the first day or two I had them on.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
A good belt is also party of the carrying concealed comfortably equation, more so as the gun gets bigger.

Huckleberry Finn

I emailed them and said they only have a LH on the seconds list and they gave me the "keep looking, it gets updated weekly" so I don't know if that's a winky winky or just buy a new one. So I guess I'll keep checking in.

No word from Kholster though, I did try Ryan's and liked it.

Huckleberry Finn

The owner of Kholster got back to me and said that they had one that would fit my gun, so I went ahead and ordered that, based on liking Ryan's...and you can't beat good customer service and free shipping. $45.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for a Crossbreed as well...compare 'em both and do a review. Crossbreed would have been $70. For never carrying, and never carrying IWB, I think this will be good. Dang, I think I have the pistol bug.

Last edited:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
The owner of Kholster got back to me and said that they had one that would fit my gun, so I went ahead and ordered that, based on liking Ryan's...and you can't beat good customer service and free shipping. $45.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for a Crossbreed as well...compare 'em both and do a review. Crossbreed would have been $70. For never carrying, and never carrying IWB, I think this will be good. Dang, I think I have the pistol bug.

:smiley_clap:

This place can a little buggy at times on a man. :pickle:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We sell the Fobus holsters at the gunshows and online and carry a full line.
Frank

Huckleberry Finn

I'm a week into the 2 week processing order. Can't wait.

Still need to find a class. But, I found jeans on sale and about 2 pairs with some extra room...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just picked up a new Crossbreed IWB holster. $71 shipped. That is still plenty fair even if you don't find a deal on one in the "seconds" site. Either way, hope you enjoy your Kholster.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Crossbreed also offers (or did when I ordered my last holster from them) an NRA discount (another good reason to join)