Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Since I ask everything else mines well

at1010

*Supporting Member*
What arrows do you all like to shoot?

Why?

I have been looking at blood sports, and honestly just cause I like how they look. I have heard they are good arrows,but dont know to much about it.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
What arrows do you all like to shoot?

Why?

I have been looking at blood sports, and honestly just cause I like how they look. I have heard they are good arrows,but dont know to much about it.

I have Harvest Times (same as Blood Sports) and have no complaints.

I've owned and shot several brands over the years. I have found that not only do you get what you pay for, but you're only as good as the arrows you shoot. I don't get too crazy with spending money on arrows, but I do buy quality arrows.

I'm shooting a PSE Radial Weave STL Hunter, custom fletched with an off-set, Blazer vanes (all white), cut at 28", 100gr. tips and fluorescent green nocks.

Bowhunter57

Ricer2231

Easton Axis Camos with camo fade to orange wraps with two camo 2" blazers and one flo orange 2" blazer deep six RPS inserts.
The wraps
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362404039.037913.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Easton Flatline 340s for 3D and Easton ST Excel 300s for hunting.

I think we had this thread somewhere recently, right??? Was it in the Goof Off Lounge?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Easton... I think it's a baseball thing.

Yeo. That is why I started shooting Easton arrows in the first place. Started with 2117 XX75 GameGetter IIs, then when to 2315 XX78 Super Slams before I went the carbon route. Had Epic 400s, ST Epic 340s, Axis 400s, ST Axis 340s, and am currently shooting Flatline 340s. I did just order a dozen of the BloodSport 2's in 300 for this season based on what others have said about them...

Despite choosing Eastons because I was a baseball guy, I have found them to be super tough, reliable arrows. They have never given me a reason to doubt them...

Derek j

Knox Co.
Easton Axis N-fused carbon. Bought them 6 years ago, and have used them the whole time. I am down to 5, so I will be replacing them this year. I like the new eastons, and also carbon express.

Ricer2231

Easton Axis N-fused carbon. Bought them 6 years ago, and have used them the whole time. I am down to 5, so I will be replacing them this year. I like the new eastons, and also carbon express.

Which new Eastons are ya liking? Easton came out with a few new ones this year. Hexx, Da Torch, Aftermath, Bloodline Camo?

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Shot Axis nanos for a long time and loved them..... Started shooting Goldtip bc I get them for free and honestly cant say I see a difference. Both great arrows

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I shot the easton st excel 340's this season and they did the job until I hit a nice buck in the shoulder. I've now switched to the fmj 340 cause it's heavier and Damn near unbreakable. Went from shooting 297 fps to 287 with the weight increase on the arrow.

I shot the easton st excel 340's this season and they did the job until I hit a nice buck in the shoulder. I've now switched to the fmj 340 cause it's heavier and Damn near unbreakable. Went from shooting 297 fps to 287 with the weight increase on the arrow.

The 10 fps decrease is tolerable with these arrows they hit hard. Im very pleased with my FMJ's as a hunting arrow. I use the Easton light speed 3d for target shooting.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I currently shoot Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's. 28" in length tipped with 100 grain Muzzys or 100 grain Rage 3 blades and 2" blazer vanes. Pretty happy with the results so far.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
The 10 fps decrease is tolerable with these arrows they hit hard. Im very pleased with my FMJ's as a hunting arrow. I use the Easton light speed 3d for target shooting.

And my arrows are uncut so they'll hit really hard! I have a 32 inch draw.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ

Very agreed. Love this arrow after one season. Went right through the middle of the spine of a 166lb 3.5yo, and almost out the bottom. They hit like a mac truck, and that's very important to me.