Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ruger 10/22 Scope

jeremy44230

Medina County
A buddy just picked up a 10/22, base model and is looking for an entry level scope. He doesn't want to spend more than 90-100...

Anyone have recommendations? He will just be plinking around with this gun...

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I have a BSA Sweet .22 on one of my .22s. Might be closer to $120. It's not a bad scope. Can't make a recommendation for a scope in the price range that I have experience with.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
That vortex would be the scope I would choose and will be put on my 10/11 later this year. Currently I have a simmons 22mag scope on it.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
^^^^^ Wow....50.00 and free shipping^^^^^ Hard to beat that really.

Anyone ever use the Pentax Scopes? Noticed they're fairly cheap as well.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I guess my question would be is what ranges you think you'll be shooting? Might a fixed power work better than a variable? Would probably be cheaper that's for sure....

jeremy44230

Medina County
Well, I have a fixed Simmons on mine... Works ok, but I will upgrade sometime. My buddy won't be doing any shooting of long distances. Actually all within 50-75 yards. I suggested a $50 3-9x32 Simmons to him.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Well, I have a fixed Simmons on mine... Works ok, but I will upgrade sometime. My buddy won't be doing any shooting of long distances. Actually all within 50-75 yards. I suggested a $50 3-9x32 Simmons to him.

I have that Simmons 3-9x32, $50.00 Simmons currently on my 10/22.
The optics are crisp to my eye. I was quite happy about that. On the down side, the turrets / elevated knobs for horz/vert adjustment were junk. One "click" adjustments would do nothing than a two click adjustment would jump to far. Took for-ever to paper @ 50 yards. Its still on there for now but its junk (at least mine is) Buy the best scope you can afford. Not the best deal. Your going to have that gun a long time.

Last edited:

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I have that Simmons 3-9x32, $50.00 Simmons currently on my 10/22.
The optics are crisp to my eye. I was quite happy about that. On the down side, the turrets / elevated knobs for horz/vert adjustment were junk. One "click" adjustments would do nothing than a two click adjustment would jump to far. Took for-ever to paper @ 50 yards. Its still on there for now but its junk (at least mine is) Buy the best scope you can afford. Not the best deal. Your going to have that gun a long time.

That is why I am going to upgrade to the Vortex scope mentioned earlier. My .22mag scope was a PITA to zero but now that it is, its a quarter shooter at 50 yards if I do my part.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That is why I am going to upgrade to the Vortex scope mentioned earlier. My .22mag scope was a PITA to zero but now that it is, its a quarter shooter at 50 yards if I do my part.

Which mag you shooting? I have an old (very old) 80's vintage bushnell scope.... 3x9 on the marlin 782....

Jamie

Ohio
Tasco World Class. 4-16 X 40 with AO. don't laugh. have been using this scope for a couple of years. optics crisp through the range of magnafication, clarity good in low light as well. adjustable objective provides parallax free aiming from 0 to infinity. this is a centerfire rifle scope, but sits happily atop my totally custom 10/22. $68 on Amazon. I own three of them, two on my number 1 and 2 squirrel rifles, one still in box for when I put together a good bolt gun. you'd be hardpressed to get more scope for the money. free super saver shipping, too. :smiley_clap: