Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The case for large capacity magazines

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
What did I learn from this? Count my rounds in reload situations.mischeif.gif

rotflmao

Really though that difference would be negligible in a real world situation. A bigger difference is fishing mags out of a pocket instead of having having them laid out in front of you.

Some of the stats at the beginning were interesting. 75-80% of shots fired by LEOs miss. I don't think anyone realizes until they have been the situation(and I have not) how your fine motor skill evaporate into the air.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
rotflmao

Really though that difference would be negligible in a real world situation. A bigger difference is fishing mags out of a pocket instead of having having them laid out in front of you.

Some of the stats at the beginning were interesting. 75-80% of shots fired by LEOs miss. I don't think anyone realizes until they have been the situation(and I have not) how your fine motor skill evaporate into the air.

The other reality is you will probably not be firing rounds as quickly as possible. The only time I could see a round per second or faster is if I were firing to hold the perpetrator down while my partner was moving. At this point, he finds cover, I reload, and we proceed.

Other thought: How many people who are concealed carry holders actually carry a spare magazine? Beentown probably but he probably has a spare pistol too. lol

I know I don't. I just want enough to end the threat and seek cover. I have no desire to conceal carry multiple magazine daily. Maybe this is foolish. Maybe I should.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
rotflmao

As the military always said, motor skills, logical thought, and reasoning go out the window. Your body reverts to muscle memory training. The only thing that separates us from the other guy is training. You won't know what to do but your body will.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I ALWAYS have at least one on me. Magazines cause almost all the failures in modern semi auto pistols so not carrying one may less to only having a single shot at an inopportune time. Its just insurance and I have an extra mag and ammo in my vehicle.