Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

iPhone or Droid?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Alright finally tired of this 3 year old Droid and going too seriously dump this phone and am looking for y'alls input about which way too go.... let me know your opinions please..... we currently have Verizon.....

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
OK, here is what my son who works with them recommends. He prefers droids because they are easier to tinker with, to make them do different things. If you are the kind of person who just wants to use it out of the box as is he recommends the iPhone.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have had 4 iPhones and currently have a 4S on AT&T (personal) and a 4 on Verizon (work). Overall, I think they are great phones. Simple to use, capable if everything I need in a phone, and good battery life. Other than updates being a little finicky, I have no complaints. It is easier to view websites on a Driod, but I survive just fine on my phone since I use Tapatalk for TOO.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm not a tech guy, text surf and email will be the bulk of it other than actually using it too talk on.... when you say the Droid is more versatile what do you mean by that?

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Asked my tech buddy the same question, he gave same answer as Sam's boy.
Which to me translates "If you're old or tech challenged, get an Iphone. If you're young and not tech challenged, get a Droid"

(Get down on your knees and thank God you've got Verizon.
Verizon users get good signal when I can't get any.
ATT sucks. That is all.)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Asked my tech buddy the same question, he gave same answer as Sam's boy.
Which to me translates "If you're old or tech challenged, get an Iphone. If you're young and not tech challenged, get a Droid"

(Get down on your knees and thank God you've got Verizon.
Verizon users get good signal when I can't get any.
ATT sucks. That is all.)

Thanks guys.... looks like an iPhone is in the future lol.... typically hows the battery life on it as you are pretty much stuck with what you start with correct?

Derek j

Knox Co.
I have had both droids and iPhones. I currently have the iPhone 5, and can honestly say I will be switching back to droid when this one is shot. I like some features about the iPhones, but as said before, you are limited with what you can do on them. I could use my droid to make a wifi hotspot (without buying the service through Verizon) for my laptop....can't do it with my iPhone. The best thing about apple over droid is battery life. My iPhones were always better on batteries than droids. Don't know how the newer droids that are out now do.

From the sounds of your needs, iPhone will fit you well. Mail, web, and texting are a cinch

Ricer2231

I love my iphone4. I have my service through Verizon and I have to agree that there are times when I'm the only one to get a signal when my buddies and I are out running around. The battery life is really good. I do alot of surfing and when I plug it in at bedtime it is usually about 15%. But like I said I do alot of surfing.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have Motorola Milestone X. Android platform. Mine sees a ton of minutes of use and text. Decent amount of web time but not a ton. Battery life is not as good as my Blackberry was but I can't compare it to the Iphone. Used to get a full day (16-20hrs) out of the older phones. Can't do that with current phone. Something to do with the touchscreen sucking the life out of them from what I was told at Alltel. Not sure if the Iphone works the same or not with the touchscreen.

Diablo54

Outside
Thanks guys.... looks like an iPhone is in the future lol.... typically hows the battery life on it as you are pretty much stuck with what you start with correct?

I have the iPhone 4. Battery lasts all day. I'm on too the Internet phone and texting all day to.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
I personally think the Droid systems are a little easier to use. As shortcut friendly as a Mac is, to me the iPhone isn't. The battery life is the only big plus to me comparing an iPhone to any other phone. The battery life on my S3 sucks IMO. You can also add as much memory as you like to the Droid phones. iPhones you have to buy 16, 32, or 64 and they get significantly more expensive than equal RAM on a Droid phone. I wanted the iPhone 5 but got fed up with the wait for a 16 so just got the S3 instead. Not a bad phone IMO. Plenty easy to use, and I'm not very tech savvy...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Would there be some advantage to having an i-phone if you have an ipad or Mac already? That might be an advantage.

Derek j

Knox Co.
Only advantage is that you can sync with iTunes and put all the apps you have on the pod and pad onto your phone, and vice versa. Thats pretty much it though

patmc81

If you get a DROID and are worried about battery life I have a RAZR maxx last all day!!! And I use GPS for at least 3 hours every day. When I get home I still usually have 40-45% battery left.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I got my DROID RAZR MAXX a month ago because of a major boo boo...lol... I don't know how I ever functioned without this thing... lol

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Droid > Iphone

Except as a Metro accessory ;) and number of apps. Anything you wanna do on a phone is WAY faster on a Droid than an Iphone. We have both in the house and I can't stand an IPhone after having Droids.

My wifes Iphone is a good piece of hardware but the OS/Software blows.