Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Odnr lost guns.....

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Really that is pretty minor but since some in government don't feel we are responsible enough to own weapons I think it is only fitting that government lead by example.

I wonder if the weapons involved were service weapons or weapons confiscated during investigations?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Really that is pretty minor but since some in government don't feel we are responsible enough to own weapons I think it is only fitting that government lead by example.

I wonder if the weapons involved were service weapons or weapons confiscated during investigations?

They seem to be service weapons. A shotgun, a rifle, and a pistol. Columbus cops typically have either a shotgun or a rifle in the car, I hear them on the scanner leaving the station and telling dispatch their badge, car, and secondary weapon.. so I could see a DNR warden having both in their vehicle. Not sure on that but it seems like one incident vs three.

When I was in the service if someone misplaced a sensitive item we went on lockdown until it was found. A butter bar lost his 9mm pistol in the field once and we had to stay 2 extra days while everyone combed the area for it.. He ended up finding it under the seat in his Humvee. He also ended up finding a CS canister in his tent at 2 am. lmao

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
http://www.abc6onyourside.com/share...ial-report-govt-equipment-missing-22545.shtml

It comes in at the 2 minute mark. ODNR has lost 3 guns. These are the people that are counting our deer! rotflmao

...Out of how many they've confiscated over the years???... Or how many do they own??? Yea 3 guns is 3 guns, but 3 out of a few thousand is pretty insignificant.

I wouldn't be surprised if 75% of the "missing" items are simply things that became outdated and were thrown away. The media tends to blow these kinds of things way out of proportion.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They seem to be service weapons. A shotgun, a rifle, and a pistol. Columbus cops typically have either a shotgun or a rifle in the car, I hear them on the scanner leaving the station and telling dispatch their badge, car, and secondary weapon.. so I could see a DNR warden having both in their vehicle. Not sure on that but it seems like one incident vs three.

When I was in the service if someone misplaced a sensitive item we went on lockdown until it was found. A butter bar lost his 9mm pistol in the field once and we had to stay 2 extra days while everyone combed the area for it.. He ended up finding it under the seat in his Humvee. He also ended up finding a CS canister in his tent at 2 am. lmao

I agree. This is a serious matter. Nobody leaves until all sensitive items are accounted for. Sounds familiar.

I would imagine WO have more than 2 weapons on them or in their vehicles at all times as well. Sidearm is on them. Shotgun without doubt. Most likely a rifle of some sort if I had to guess. Whether it is a warden or if these were confiscated weapons though? Doesn't matter. Accountability of weapons is a serious matter.

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
Sam nailed the irony. Obama and co, want to take away our guns. Yet, here we have an example of a government agency losing track of their weapons. The article is a big smear on Ohio's govt losing over $400k in equipment. I don't much care about a lost printer, but we the taxpayer paid for that stuff. We the taxpayer paid for those guns and now the ODNR has no idea what happened to them. Brilliant! Tell me again ODNR how many deer we have in this state! LMAO!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
dude_wheres_my_car.jpg

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
If it is service weapons that are missing I bet it's a paperwork/procedural issue. If they are weapons that were confiscated then I'm more inclined to suspect foul play (or in the case of the ODNR fowl play:smiley_bril:)

They did say the pistol was a S&W .45 acp. I believe that is the issued sidearm for WOs

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
If it is service weapons that are missing I bet it's a paperwork/procedural issue. If they are weapons that were confiscated then I'm more inclined to suspect foul play (or in the case of the ODNR fowl play:smiley_bril:)

They did say the pistol was a S&W .45 acp. I believe that is the issued sidearm for WOs

Yep M&P 45's.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Could be something as simple as it fell in the Maumee while in plain clothes trying to catch those evil fish snaggers. lmao