Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

HeviShot Magnum Blend Turkey Shells

birdduster

I tried HeviShot Magnum Blend on my last turkey hunt. Magnum Blend is a mixture of HeviShot's Hevi-13 in shot sizes 5,6,and 7 in a single shell. With Magnum Blend, you get more pellets than you would using a shell with just #5 or #6 shot size. I shot a nice Tom at around 50 yards with it and he fell over dead, flopping a few times. I was impressed, one Tom with one shell at 50 yards. This is a great product and right now there is a rebate coupon on the HeviShot website which makes Magnum Blend very affordable.

Phred

Clermont
Several years ago I used some left over duck/goose ammo Kent tungsten #6, 3 inch thru a 36 inch barrel and stopped a turkey in its tracks at 60 yards. The barrel/choke was the answer and without it I would not have tried that shot. Since that date I have acquired the hevi-shot #6's but still use the goose barrel. One day I will use the 24 inch barrel with the turkey choke tube supplied with the original gun, but until then turkeys watch your head.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hevi-13 is worth it's weight in gold, IMO. I wouldn't even hesitate to pull the trigger on a big tom at 50+ yds.