Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thunderflight's tenative 2013 hunting schedule

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I was supposed to go to WY for antelope, but when our group applied I didn't have the $526 for the "special tag" that would have ensure all of us were drawn. I'll most likely go next year though.

September in Idaho looks like a real possibility. My friend's daughter is having a baby near elk season so that may be a problem, but if he can't go may go anyway.

I have another friend with several hundred acres in Adams and Pike County Illinois. He has invited me out in October to hunt and also told me I can come out in November too. I'm supposed to run a 1/2 marathon in Columbus with my sister (probably walk/run) in October so I may tie the two together.

November is tentative. I promised a friend I'd take him hunting in Ohio, but man..... That invite to Illinois is tough to beat. I'm also not sure if Ill have the money and leave to support all three trips so we'll see how it goes.

I'm also considering for going a lot of hunting in PA, because it sucks, and start hunting in Maryland. I'm retiring in 2014 and will most likely be moving there. When I was stationed at Andrews AFB I used to hunt some AWESOME areas that were only accessible by active, retired, and reserve military personnel.

Lastly, and this is probably a single weekend event, I'm considering trying to hunt Sika deer in Marylands Eastern Shore. We'll see how it goes though. Time, money, leave, and family all come into play.