Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First shed/antler 2013!

HollowHunter

shed1atl.jpgFound my first antler this year. its not a shed but its bone! looks like last year's but its broke out of the skull ... prob not too pleasant for the deer if it made it. didn't find any other bones skull or other side anywhere near.shed1hand.jpgshed1..jpg

Last edited:

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
you didnt happen to find that near delaware wildlife? a buddy of mine shot a half rack during muzzle loader. The missing side was broke of a lot like that.

HollowHunter

Found this yesterday in the crappy weather! rain snow sleet.. but hey I found something!! last years looks like he died shed season. the antler cells are already starting to separate around the base and with slight pressure the antler popped off the skull clean like a shed. the side that was sticking up was chewed down flush with the round part of the skull. looks like the other side was there but being above the grass the tree rats or beavers got it all! side that was in weeds was still chewed pretty good. g1 and g2 with combined est. 5-6" missing. going out tomorrow to get some more!

2.27.13atl.jpg

2.27.13tree.jpg

2.27.13beaver.jpg

HollowHunter

you didnt happen to find that near delaware wildlife? a buddy of mine shot a half rack during muzzle loader. The missing side was broke of a lot like that.

no this came from south central ohio. but I was just up at Delaware wildlife area to do some pheasant hunting with no luck of course. it was a snowy mess!