Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sarge @ retriever club training

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Well today Sarge got introduced to MANY new things.... 12ga poppers, dogs barking everywhere, multiple birds being thrown, & people everywhere. It was interesting to say the least. I feel like he handled himself very well for 15 weeks old. He got confused several times retrieving live birds with other people standing around and other dogs to run over and play with but he started to get the hint after 3-4 retrieves. This was his first time around gunfire and it didn't phase him a bit. I actually wore him out prior to the live birds on bumpers bc I didn't know birds were going to be used. I wish I wouldn't have burnt my pics up on bumpers, but oh well. He handled his first dove and quail with no issues, but as soon as a nasty hen that had been used all day during the real training was thrown he wanted nothing to do with bringing it back... lol, cant blame him it was pretty beat up. That'll all change once FF gets put into place in a few more months. He did retrieve a nice clean hen wood duck very well several times while having to break multiple wind rows of cover which was nice to see....... all in all it was a good day with a lot learned. Got to meet some great people and got to see people just simply enjoying their dogs with putting the ribbons aside!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's great man! What club are you a member of? I'd like to look into some local clubs myself.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Just joined Ohio Valley Retriever Club. I would strongly suggest it if you find the right club and group of guys. Always nice to pick brains and have access to multiple land tracts and tons of training equipment