Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Great day... For me anyway.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have found sheds before, but not many and usually it's one a year if I'm lucky.
I called my dad this morning and suggested we take the quads and cover lots of ground in the fields at our hunting club. We finally cashed in!
The first find I came across right along the woods line across from a stand I hunted all fall.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361744181.980106.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361744194.211412.jpg

The second one I found in a different field and spotted it right before my dad. Lol
I stole his thunder.
Kind of strange that I found it right by some feathers.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361744231.563360.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361744260.682052.jpg

It was a good day!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361744281.216071.jpg

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have the buck from the first shed in a trail cam pic. I thought he looked familiar. I found the shed about 25 yards from where the camera was.
I took a second pic of the first shed with the same angle as the trail cam pic. Sure looks like a match to me.

The second find of the day I don't have a pic of.

0281.jpg

shed1.jpg

029.jpg

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congratulations Mike! Very nice finds today buddy! The first one has great length minus the brow and the second one looks like it had been missed for the past year.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I have the buck from the first shed in a trail cam pic. I thought he looked familiar. I found the shed about 25 yards from where the camera was.
I took a second pic of the first shed with the same angle as the trail cam pic. Sure looks like a match to me.

The second find of the day I don't have a pic of.

View attachment 12856

View attachment 12858

View attachment 12857
Yeah , I think your right, ole buddy! Just one piece of the puzzle. Go find the other one. Good luck!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well done Mike! I agree on the second one looking like it is from a previous year. Looked like it had some green on it. I am jealous. Wish I was finding some. Keep it up. Good on you for enjoying some quality time with your dad.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Nice finds man. Can't beat a day finding 2 good ones.

I checked cams and no bucks seen. I'm tellin ya, they all went in a hole and dropped antlers and won't come back out until May with buds lmao.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Nice finds Mike. I was out yesterday, but had no luck at all. Then again the ground was still snow covered to my shock and amazement. Did find 6 fresh beds and a few old ones. Glad to see someone had some luck.