Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IQ Bowsite

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Anyone have any opinions on these?

I have heard great reviews, wanted more input.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
They are fantastic.......

If you have piss poor bow form..sorry to be harsh but it is what it is..with todays new grips and i dont see the need useless you dont know how to properly grip a bow..

at1010

*Supporting Member*
They are fantastic.......

If you have piss poor bow form..sorry to be harsh but it is what it is..with todays new grips and i dont see the need useless you dont know how to properly grip a bow..

I do not know to much about them, but was curious about them. I do not get to shoot nearly as much as I could like thought it might be something good to look into if it would help.

Does it really only help you regrip the bow, so you dont torque it? Is that the concept behind it?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I do not know to much about them, but was curious about them. I do not get to shoot nearly as much as I could like thought it might be something good to look into if it would help.

Does it really only help you regrip the bow, so you dont torque it? Is that the concept behind it?

Pretty much...and its more of a form repeatability thing...do the same thing every time to get the same results. . Only thing is you may be doin it all wrong to begin with so whats the point. Good bow form is not that hard to learn.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Pretty much...and its more of a form repeatability thing...do the same thing every time to get the same results. . Only thing is you may be doin it all wrong to begin with so whats the point. Good bow form is not that hard to learn.

every year I try harder to get better, and better. I have an oppurutnity to pick up a bow at a good price. It is a Mathews Heli-m. I shot it, and I like the bow a lot, I wanna shoot it around 60lb draw.

I am just trying to set it up right. I want to set it with the site, rest, etc.

Looking for suggestions.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
every year I try harder to get better, and better. I have an oppurutnity to pick up a bow at a good price. It is a Mathews Heli-m. I shot it, and I like the bow a lot, I wanna shoot it around 60lb draw.

I am just trying to set it up right. I want to set it with the site, rest, etc.

Looking for suggestions.
Define what getting better means and setting it up right mean and we are hear for you

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Define what getting better means and setting it up right mean and we are hear for you

make suggestions on equipment, as far as doing it right, I am not gunna spend a lot of money on a bow, and have junk stuff on it.

I try to shoot more, practice continuous anchor points, shoot with a few guys who are very good, and been shooting for a long time, this is how I try to get better.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
First of all:
- Good tune

Sights:
- Sword (options to price is great)
- Spot Hogg (great sights, top of the line)
- Black Gold (a lot of options and not quite as expensive)

Rests:
- Limb Driver (any of them)
- Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro

Stabs:
- B-Stinger
- Doinker

Milo

Tatonka guide.
make suggestions on equipment, as far as doing it right, I am not gunna spend a lot of money on a bow, and have junk stuff on it.

I try to shoot more, practice continuous anchor points, shoot with a few guys who are very good, and been shooting for a long time, this is how I try to get better.

Whoa man lets back up....what are you trying to accomplish? You can buy all the best stuff and not accomplish a thing exceot spend more money than someone else. The number one accesory you can put on your bow to make you a better shot is a proper fitting bow

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Honestly I just want a bow to hunt with I am not trying to make it to complicated.

I want a bow that I am comfortable shooting, and I am accurate with. I like the Mathews, and have shot them a lot. I have shot HHA sites in the past, but think I might want to go back to a horizontal pin site.

I have been looking at spott hawg! Those seem nice!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Also this is probably a dumb questions, but what exactly is a TUNE on a bow.

I know a lot of guys who just get their draw length set, and they shoot their bow. End of story, what does a tune do?

Gordo

Athens County
Milo takes archery to a scientific level. His knowledge is unreal. Most of us TOOzers send are bows to him to be finely tuned.

He taught me more about archery in a 20 minite conversation at my place then i had known in my life.

Id suggest just start reading everything you can about archery, when u hit a spot your confused, ask these dudes and they'll straighten you right out!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Also this is probably a dumb questions, but what exactly is a TUNE on a bow.

I know a lot of guys who just get their draw length set, and they shoot their bow. End of story, what does a tune do?

A tune does different things for different bow designs. On a solocam, its essentially just setting the bottom cam to its optimal starting position for maximum output.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
A tune does different things for different bow designs. On a solocam, its essentially just setting the bottom cam to its optimal starting position for maximum output.

soo your up near ashland right? If I buy this bow, and set it up, I need to drive up there or something so we can meet. You seem like an archery expert and I AM NOT! haha

Ricer2231

Milo takes archery to a scientific level. His knowledge is unreal. Most of us TOOzers send are bows to him to be finely tuned.

He taught me more about archery in a 20 minite conversation at my place then i had known in my life.

Id suggest just start reading everything you can about archery, when u hit a spot your confused, ask these dudes and they'll straighten you right out!

Can I get an Amen? I felt the exact same way after spending 45 minutes with Milo TOO. He is very intelligent and is more than willing to share his knowledge with you. I told him ,after he tuned my Vectrix,I have never owned a bow that shoots as good as my Hoyt after he tuned it. But that's the general opinion if ya read many tuning threads here.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you can work it out, get with Milo and have him go over the bow with you. If that doesn't work, you can come down here and I'll help you. As far as what to put on the bow, Beener made some good suggestions. I will have my stuff in this week for the Infinity and can bring down my Mathews and the new parts for you to look at next week if you'd like...